Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 27, 2015; first public performance Feb. 25; opening night Mar. 17 or 18; closes Apr. 5, with possible extension, in NYC.
- Auditions: Nov 6 in New York, NY
Casting "Posterity." Currently the roles of Henrik Ibsen and Gustav Vigeland are available. The other three roles have been cast but actors will be considered for possible replacements. Note: The play is written in an unabashed 19th-century style, and requires actors with verbal dexterity and language skills suited to classical ...28 minutes ago
- Six-week workshop runs Oct. 27-Dec. 8 (Mon. 7-10 p.m., no class Dec. 1) at a studio location TBA in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for the Fall 2014 session of Ted Kociolek's Musical Theater Audition/Performance Technique Workshop. Instructor states: "Lacking confidence in your musical theater auditions? Uncertain of your approach to material? Choosing inappropriate repertoire for your type? Suffering from performance anxiety? Walk into your next audition prepared and confident. The course ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD based on actors' availability on weekend afternoons; performances TBD in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "Angels Ward," a play about a hospital and and a crew of Angels converging on a night of mystery and magic.9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin January 5, 2015. Production runs January 29-March 7, 2015, in Ft. Worth, TX.
- Auditions: Nov 2, 3 in Fort Worth, TX
Casting for the production "My Name is Asher Lev." Project description: "Set in post-war Brooklyn, the story revolves around a young art prodigy who must reconcile his passion for painting with his life as a young Hasidic Jew. When Asher's breakout piece causes controversy, he must decide whether to be ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin the second week in November (exact dates TBD, eves. and weekends); runs Dec. 17-21 at The Brick, 579 Metropolitan Ave., Brooklyn, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "About Face," a surreal dramatic play in Russian and English, about Soviet Jewish immigration.17 hours ago
- Rehearses approx. 20 hours per week for about 2-6 weeks. Performances run Tues.-Fri. (10 p.m.) and Sat. (11:30 p.m.) in Las Vegas, NV.
- Seeking submissions from: Las Vegas, NV
Casting "Evil Dead The Musical," the official live stage show of the cult classic film trilogy endorsed by Bruce Campbell and embraced by Sam Raimi. Casting personnel state: "Part 'Rocky Horror,' part 'Scooby Doo,' and part Gwar, this award-winning fan favorite production has been taking Las Vegas by bloody storm ...13 hours ago
- Performances are ongoing at the Saxe Theater in Las Vegas, NV.
- Auditions: Oct 24 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting "Vegas! The Show," which features entertainers emblematic of the golden age of the Strip. Project description: "An energetic production with a live big-band orchestra, full-throated singing, and high-stepping dance numbers. The cast of more than 40 performers portrays the artistry and antics of the Rat Pack, Elvis, Tom Jones, ...14 hours ago
- April 7, 2015 – June 27, 2015 (5 day performance week, 6 day rehearsal week) Performance at Judson Gym, New York
- Auditions: Nov 4 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors for six principal roles in "Afghanistan Zimbabwe America Kuwait," a new play by Daniel Talbott. Synopsis: In a not so distant future where children have never known a world without war, resources are vanishing and what’s left is controlled by unseen factions. Soldiers still train and wait ...20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin this November. Performances run January 9-31, 2015, in Berkeley, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 25, 26 in Berkeley, CA
Casting "Panhandle," a play with music. Production description: "Follows a cotton farming community desperately holding on to their way of life in the Texas Panhandle during the 1930's."15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 27, 2015; runs Mar. 7-Apr. 5, 2015 in New Orleans, LA.
- Auditions: Oct 28 in New Orleans, LA
Casting "Suddenly Last Summer," by Tennessee Williams.20 hours ago
- Performances run December 16-28, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 26 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the musical "Cinderella." Production description: "When Cinderella's cruel stepmother prevents her from attending the Royal Ball, she gets some unexpected help from her Fairy Godmother."16 hours ago
- "Camelot" rehearsal begins Jan. 19, 2015; runs Jan. 29-Apr. 5, 2015. "West Side Story" rehearsal begins Mar. 30, 2015; runs Apr. 9-July 5, 2015 in Elmsford, NY.
- Auditions: Nov 5 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors who sing for various principal roles in "Camelot" & "West Side Story."yesterday
- Rehearses Nov. 24-Jan. 8; runs Jan. 9-31, 2015 in Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Brighton Beach Memoirs," a play. Synopsis: Eugene Jerome dreams of baseball and girls, but in his everyday life, he has to cope with the mundane existence of family life in Brooklyn: a formidable mother, an overworked father, and his worldly older brother Stanley. Throw into the mix his widowed ...18 hours ago