Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Playing April 3rd, 2015 through May 9th, 2015 at Glendale Centre Theatre. 324 N. Orange St., Glendale, CA 91203
- Seeking submissions from: Glendale, CA
Glendale Centre Theatre is casting "Dear Ruth", a comedy written by Norman Krasna. Produced by Tim Dietlein. Directed by George Strattan. Casting is open to all ethnicities. Good comedic timing essential for all characters. Auditions will be held by appointment only on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 from 7-10 pm. Sides ...yesterday
- Rehearsals will begin on February 15 and extend until the staged reading on February 23rd, a Monday evening, at Harlem's renowned National Black Theatre. There will likely be three rehearsals of three hours each in addition to the performance. Rehearsals will occur over the span of one week.
- Auditions: Feb 1 in New York, NY
Casting a staged-reading for the award-winning play, "The Messiah Complex." Nia Witherspoon, writer and director, Ni'Ja Whitson, choreographer Synopsis: DJ Messiah’s got no time for the past. Music is her escape into the future. But her ghosts catch up, unearthing the queer secrets buried in Black city life. And ghosts ...yesterday
- Auditions for the part of the Guard will be held on Friday, January 30 in Room A, 36 Street Studio, 260 West 36th Street 3rd Floor (near 8th Avenue) from 3- 4:30 PM. Rehearsal begins February 2015; performances begin late February or early March 2015 in NYC. See video trailer: http://youtu.be/brqqkxewRI8
- Auditions: Jan 30 in New York, NY
Casting "In That Moment," a two character play concerning a fatal shooting for educational use by colleges and community groups.yesterday
- Tentative Rehearsal Schedule Monday thru Thursday evenings with some possible Saturday rehearsals. Final Schedule to be published after show is cast. Will rehearse and perform at the Pierson Playhouse in Pacific Palisades.
- Auditions: Feb 7, 9 in Pacific Palisades, CA
Casting the Wedding Day Farce Perfect Wedding at Theatre Palisades. Written by Robin Hawdon, the playwright who wrote the English translation of many classic farces including Don't Dress for Dinner. Character sides and information about Theatre palisades can be found on the Theatre Palisades Website www.theatrepalisades.org.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin mid-February; opens in March at The Grand Majestic Theater in Pigeon Forge, TN.
- Seeking submissions from: Pigeon Forge, TN; Pigeon Forge, TN
Seeking male and female singers who can move for dinner theater musical productions "America's Hit Parade," a musical review of the 50s, 60s, 70s and beyond, and "Hazzard County Hoedown," a country musical.Friday
- Rehearsals begin early February; run dates are TBD at The Grand Majestic Theater in Pigeon Forge, TN.
- Seeking submissions from: Pigeon Forge, TN
Casting "Soul of Motown," a Motown Musical showcasing hits by popular artists of Motown era.Friday
- Rehearses and runs May 23-30 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for a one week intensive and performances of "Richard the Third." Session with a professional casting director provided.Friday
- Runs Mar. 11-29 in NYC.
- Auditions: Feb 2 in NY
Casting "Cherchez La Femme," a musical. Synopsis: The tropical funk sound of Kid Creole & the Coconuts ruled the airwaves and dancefloors all across 1980's Europe. Nonetheless, the band rose on the funky NY Lower East Side, in the days of fabled nightclubs like The Mudd Club and Hurrah's. From ...Friday
- Rehearses and performs in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Jan 27, 28 in Portland, OR
Casting a staged reading of the new play, "Little Sisters." Project description: "A cautionary and redemptive tale about a hip-hop dancer who becomes ensnared in the hellish world of human trafficking, exposing the situation in Portland, and eventually freeing herself."Friday
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 28; runs June 2-Aug. 30 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking submissions for the role of Celia in "Of Good Stock," by Melissa Ross.Friday
- Season runs June 3 through Aug. 18 in the Catskill Mountains, NY.
- Auditions: Feb 23, 24 in New York, NY and Feb 27, 28 in Chicago, IL and Mar 5, 6, 7 in Chattanooga, TN
Seeking crew/camp counselors for the 2015 season at Stagedoor Manor, a performing arts camp for ages 10-18, in NY’s Catskill Mountains. Director states: "Our program is for youth interested in exposure to the theater, in a summer stock style setting. We hire professionals to create the worlds of their shows ...Friday