Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 14 (Sun. afternoons and Mon.-Thurs. eves.); runs Oct. 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, Nov. 1 & 2 at The Barrow Mansion, 83 Wayne St., Jersey City, NJ (two blocks from the Grove St. PATH station).
- Auditions: Sep 8, 9 in Jersey City, NJ
Casting and seeking stage crew for "Blithe Spirit," an "improbable farce" about love, marriage and the afterlife. Synopsis: The novelist, Charles Condomine, invites an eccentric medium, Madame Arcati, to his dinner party, in order to provide material for his upcoming book. Unfortunately, she conjures up the ghost of his first ...Aug 10
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 20 (weekday eves. and weekends during the day); runs Nov. 6-17 at Romita Auditorium, College of New Rochelle, 29 Castle Pl., New Rochelle, NY (30 minutes from Grand Central Terminal via Metro-North).
- Auditions: Sep 11, 13 in New Rochelle, NY
Casting "Nine," the musical, with book by Arthur Kopit and music by Maury Yeston.Aug 10
- Rehearses Oct. 6, 7, 8, 10, 13, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 22 (6-8:30 p.m.) and Oct. 11 & 18 (times TBD); performs Oct. 23, 24, 25, & 26 at Luna Stage, Mill No. 5, in Lowell, MA.
- Auditions: Sep 7, 8 in Lowell, MA
Casting "The Zoo Story" by Edward Albee. Synopsis: A man sits peacefully reading in the sunlight in Central Park. There enters a second man. He is a young, unkempt, and undisciplined vagrant where the first is neat, ordered, well-to-do and conventional. The vagrant is a soul in torture and rebellion. ...Aug 10
- Rehearsals and performance in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting a puppet show.Aug 10
- Rehearsals begin September 8. Show runs November 14-23, in Palatine, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3 in Palatine, IL
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof," a musical. Project description: In prerevolutionary Russia, a Jewish peasant contends with marrying off three of his daughters while growing antisemitic sentiment threatens his village.Aug 10
- Shows run November 14-December 7 in Wheaton, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 20, 21, 22 in Wheaton, IL
Casting "The Secret Garden," a play. Project description: In his rambling manor house in 1906 England, widower Archibald Craven yearns for his beautiful wife. He blames his son, Colin, for her death and has isolated and neglected the boy. Young Mary Lennox comes to live with them after her parents’ ...Jul 13
- Rehearses weeknights and Saturdays or Sundays afternoons; runs Nov. 7-8 p.m. through Nov. 23 at 3 p.m. (performs over three weekends) in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 4, 5 in New York City, NY
Casting "Carousel." Synopsis: In a Maine coastal village toward the end of the 19th century, the swaggering, carefree carnival barker, Billy Bigelow, captivates and marries the naive millworker, Julie Jordan. Billy loses his job just as he learns that Julie is pregnant and, desperately intent upon providing a decent life ...Aug 09