Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Performances are held at elementary schools across the U.S., weekdays, September 8-October 17. No evening or weekend performances.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Windy City Players is casting their national touring production of "Aladdin," a play.Jul 28
- Rehearses Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, beginning August 29. Show runs November 8-23, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 21, 22, 24 in Franklin Park, IL
Casting "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," a musical about a young bride living in the 1850's Oregon wilderness. Her plan to civilize and marry off her six rowdy brothers-in-law to ensure the success of her own marriage backfires when the brothers, in their enthusiasm, kidnap six women from a neighboring ...Jul 28
- Rehearsals run Oct. 13-Nov. 2. Tech rehearsals Nov. 3-7; runs Nov. 7-Dec. 21 (with hiatus Nov. 25-30 for Thanksgiving) in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 21 in New York, NY
Casting "I See You."Jul 28
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Dec. 19-21 at the Hall of Liberty - Forest Lawn in Burbank, CA. Note: The entire cast will be off for Halloween and the entire week of Thanksgiving.
- Auditions: Sep 27, 29 in Los Angeles, (Hollywood Hills), CA
Casting "Into the Woods" a musical with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by James Lapine.Jul 28
- Rehearses June 14-21, 2015 (must arrive June 14; rehearsals begin June 15 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs June 26 & 27 (7 p.m.); depart June 28. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. Actors must be available for all dates.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting the role of Daddy Warbucks in "Annie" for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Adult actors will perform alongside their young counterparts in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. Artistic ...Jul 23
- Ongoing sessions are held at Ripley-Grier Studios in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for "Acting Through Song" classes. Owner states: "We work directly with professional actors, singers, and dancers and those who are recent graduates or aspiring musical theater performers to help them truly connect to their material. It's all about bringing yourself to your work and finding your honesty in ...Jul 28
- Performances run in Hudson, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: HUDSON, FL
Casting "A Christmas Carol: The Broadway Musical."Jul 28
- Read-through take place Aug. 16; recording takes place at a home studio in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting a new concept recording of a musical version of "The Cherry Orchard." Composer states: "This is a low-budget independent recording, but audible.com has already given the go-ahead on distribution."Jul 27
- (updated 8/8/14) Rehearsals begin Sept. 3rd; performances, Oct. 24 & 25 in small black box venue in MANCHESTER, NH . Rehearsals are designed "day job friendly". With 4 member cast, flexible rehearsals schedule can be agreed upon.
- Auditions: Aug 22, 23, 29, 30 in Manchester, NH
"Peace for the Wicked," a Meta-play with music, a new experimental work will be developed and staged in Manchester NH by playwright/composer with Off-Broadway credits. Tagline: "One must find peace to rest in peace." Synopsis: A psychological and figurative play of one man's dying delusional searching for self-forgiveness by staging ...Jun 24
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 4 in the New Orleans, LA area; opens Sept. 15; breaks for Christmas Dec. 13, 2014-Jan. 8, 2015; tour resumes Jan. 8 and ends on Jan. 22.
- Seeking submissions from: Kenner, LA
Seeking a male actor for the role of Geppetto in "Pinocchio." This actor will also play four other roles: Fox, Circus Baker, Dr. Crow, and Coachman. President states: "This is a great opportunity to gain touring experience and work with a professional touring company."Jul 26
- Rehearsal dates TBD; performs Oct. 31-Nov. 16 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m. and Sun. at 3 p.m.) at The Hackensack Cultural Arts Center, 39 Broadway, Hackensack, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Hackensack, NJ
Casting "Spitfire Grill," a musical drama.Jul 26