Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses July 14-Aug. 27 (Tues. & Thurs., 8 a.m.-12 p.m.) at St. Joseph's Salesian Youth Renewal Retreat Center, 8301 Arroyo Dr., Rosemead, CA. Performs Sept. 1-Dec. 17 (Tues. & Thurs. mornings) and are held at the various elementary schools throughout L.A. county.
- Auditions: Jul 7, 9 in Rosemead, CA
Casting "The Eerie Night Of Spooky Frights," The Actors Project's fall season show that finds a group of friends trying to survive a haunted hotel. Once the villain collects four more guests he'll be freed from the hotel. Once free, he intends to turn everyone in the world into ghosts. ...Jun 05
- Season runs in Newark, DE.
- Auditions: Jul 14 in New York, NY
Seeking actors for University of Delaware's 2015-16 Season. Season includes "The Patsy" (Rehearsals begin Aug. 24; runs Sept. 25-Oct. 11); "Heartbreak House" (Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs Nov. 13- Dec. 6); "Wait Until Dark" (Rehearsals begin Dec. 8; runs Jan. 22-Feb. 6, 2016); "To Kill a Mockingbird" (Sanford Robbins, dir. ...Jun 03
- Rehearsals September 2015 (exact dates TBD); performances in October 2015 (16 shows) in Denver, CO.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "The Portal," a part concert, part movie, and part performance. Concept: Inspired by Burning Man, Pink Floyd, EDM, and world mythology, "The Portal" entertains and immerses the audience into a journey of transformation and empowerment.Jun 03
- Shooting begins July 1 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NY
Seeking crew and talent for "Whose Side Are You On," a video trailer for a crowd funding campaign for a gospel musical about gang violence. Synopsis: Lamont Spencer (16) must decide to stay with the gang who revenged his father's death or seek salvation in the church.Jun 03
- Rehearses Aug. 1-24 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting ensemble parts for "Under: A New Musical," which will premiere at The New York International Fringe Festival. Synopsis: This original musical tackles the issue of mental health at universities. Coordinator states: "The production had a very successful world premiere at the Yale Morse Crescent Theater last spring."Jun 03
- Rehearsals start about one month before each show runs at FTF's rehearsal studio; shows run all around Florida, focusing more in South Florida.
- Auditions: Jul 22 in Miami, FL
Seeking energetic male and female actors, all ethnicities, 18-40 years old, for Fantasy Theatre Factory’s season of shows. Strong comedic skills preferred. Production manager states: "Fantasy Theatre Factory values diversity and practices non-traditional casting; all races and ethnicities are encouraged to audition. Fantasy Theatre Factory is a professional non-Equity company ...Jun 03
- Performance dates TBD at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL.
- Auditions: Jul 13, in Kissimmee, FL
Seeking musical theater performers, all ethnicities, for principal & ensemble in "Finding Nemo, the Musical," an original musical theater production based on the Disney-Pixar hit animated feature.Jun 02
- Rehearses Mon. & Wed. evenings at The Point Theater in the Bronx, NY; performs Sept. 2015.
- Seeking submissions from: Bronx, NY
Casting "Stain," a play that follows 15-year-old Thomas through his quickly crumbling life and the secrets his family tries to keep at bay.Jun 02
- Performance date Saturday, Nov. 14, in Mount Pleasant, MI. Rehearsals TBD as actor availability information is submitted.
- Auditions: Jul 16, 17, 18, 25 in Mt. Pleasant, MI
Casting "Runagate," a medley of narrative, movement, and music inspired by the poem "Runagate Runagate." Description: Through the vessel of this work, a diverse cast of characters dramatically reflect the struggle for a freedom that is not only historic but universal.Jun 02
- Rehearsals begin in September; opens Oct. 23 at the Greek Cultural Center in Astoria, Queens.
- Seeking submissions from: Astoria, NY
Seeking Greek-speaking actors for The Greek Cultural Center's 2015-2016 productions.Jun 01
- Rehearsals begin July 13 (Mon.-Fri., 7:30-10:30 p.m.); tech begins Aug. 23; runs Aug. 28-Sept. 19 (Thurs.-Sat. at 8 p.m. and Sun. at 2 p.m.) in Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 7 in Thousand Oaks, CA
Casting "Psycho Beach Party," a play. Synopsis: "Psycho Beach Party" is an insanely fun romp on Malibu Beach in 1962--it's what happens when Gidget, Frankie & Annette, and Alfred Hitchcock are given a shotgun marriage. Teenage tomboy Chicklet Forrest desperately wants to be part of the surf crowd. The one ...Jun 01