Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 27; runs June 20-28, in San Jose, CA.
- Auditions: Jan 28, 30, 31 in Sunnyvale, CA
Casting the musical "Iolanthe." Production description: "A shepherd (the son of a Fairy, Iolanthe, and a mortal), is in love with Phyllis, a shepherdess, but she has many suitors. There are many complications before a happy conclusion is reached by all."Jan 05
- Performances run in April, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 7, 8 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the musical "Legally Blonde, The Musical." Production description: "When a blonde sorority queen is dumped by her boyfriend, she decides to follow him to law school to get him back and, once there, learns she has more legal savvy than she ever imagined."Jan 05
- Rehearsals beginning March; runs May 15-June 13, in Fremont, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 7 in Fremont, CA
Casting the play "Diary of Anne Frank." Production description: "Adapted from the writings from the Dutch language diary kept by Anne Frank while she was in hiding for two years with her family during the Nazi occupation."Jan 05
- Rehearses spring 2015; performs July 2015 (five shows) in Washington, D.C.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC
Casting "Girl with Two Belly Buttons," a play to be presented at the 10th Annual Capital Fringe Festival, July 9-26, 2015. Synopsis: At almost 60, Izzy is sick and alone. She has had so many relationships. Why did they all fail? Then Izzy meets Izabela, her much younger self, and ...Jan 04
- Rehearses June 20-July 8 (Mon.-Sat.); runs July 9-25 (Thurs., Fri., Sat.) at The Spire Theatre, Plymouth, MA.
- Auditions: Mar 5 in Boston, MA and Mar 5 in Plymouth, MA
Casting "Three Musketeers," adapted by Ken Ludwig. Synopsis: Alexandre Dumas' "Three Musketeers" is a tale of heroism, treachery, close escapes, and, above all, honor.Jan 04
- All rehearsals and performances at Madison Street Theatre in Oak Park, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 22 in Chicago, IL
Casting Surging Films & Theatrics 2015 Season. Season includes: "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee," a musical (Rehearsals begin Mar. 14; tech week begins Apr. 27; runs Apr. 30-May 3); "Hairspray," a musical (Rehearsals begin week of Jun 1; tech week begins Jul. 20; runs Jul. 23-26); "The Sparrow," ...Jan 03
- Rehearses at end of January and continues through February in Las Vegas, NV.
- Seeking submissions from: Las Vegas, NV
Casting "Evil Dead the Musical." Synopsis: Endorsed by Bruce Campbell and embraced by Sam Raimi, "Evil Dead the Musical" is the official live stage show of the cult classic film trilogy. It is a multi-media over-the-top campy musical comedy experience featuring an undead horde, a hero with a chainsaw for ...Jan 03
- Performing May 23 in Atlanta, GA.
- Seeking submissions from: Atlanta, GA
Casting the stage play, "Love's Last Episode."Jan 03
- Independent rehearsal (learn role via video clips, script, talk-throughs with director; step into role with minimal cast rehearsal); runs once a week (Mon. nights, 8 p.m., beginning Jan. 12) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Jackie Mason Musical," an ongoing off-off-Broadway Show that performs once a week.Jan 03