Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin this October in Villa Park, IL; performances begin weekly in December in Palatine, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "The Royal Masquerade Ball." Company states: "This is soon to become one Chicago's newest 'must do' weekend events! A formal dress event, attendees are welcomed by a Royal Family, take part in the Royal Wine Tasting and Toasting Ceremony, and enjoy a Magic and Variety Show prior open dancing ...Sep 11
- Performances begin Oct. 31 in Long Island.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Long Island, NY
Seeking cast & crew for "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" shadow cast. Coordinator states: "The time is now. Don't dream it, be it! Join Long Island's newest 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' shadow cast, 'Project the Night!' We're bringing a fun, exciting performance of RHPS to Long Island, and we want ...Sep 11
- Must be available most weekends in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Seeking funny talented actors for Silly Sallys Entertainment.Sep 11
- Rehearses Oct. and Nov.; fall reading tentatively scheduled for Nov. 20, 2015; rehearsals for small fully-staged production Feb.-Mar. 2016; tentatively performs Mar. or Apr. 2016, to coincide with the 100-year anniversary of the Rising (exact dates TBD) in Las Vegas, NV.
- Auditions: Oct 17, 18, 23, 24, 25 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting "Dublin Rising," a new musical about the women involved in the 1916 Easter Rising in Dublin, Ireland, which paved the way for Irish independence in 1921. Synopsis: "Dublin Rising" tells the stories of three women from vastly different socio-economic backgrounds, whose lives are upended by the one-week Easter Rebellion. ...Sep 10
- Rehearses three weeks prior to the opening of each production, at company's studio location in Lynbrook, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting performers with weekday availability for a 2015-2016 arts-in-education series, which will feature productions of "Shrek," "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown," "A Charlie Brown Christmas," "Cinderella," "Scrooge," "The Wizard of Oz," "Pinkalicious," and "A Year with Frog and Toad."Sep 10
- Rehearsal and tour dates. The next few dates will most likely be local.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Casting male understudies for an inspirational version of the classic tale Cinderella. Understudies will be for the proverbial Prince and his crew.Sep 10
- Rehearsals begin April 12. Performances run May 27–June 19, Thursdays through Sundays in Ross, CA.
- Auditions: Nov 7, 8 in Ross, CA
Casting "Anna in the Tropics," a play by Nilo Cruz. Project description: "Set in Florida in 1929 in a Cuban-American cigar factory, where cigars are still rolled by hand and lectors are employed to educate and entertain the workers."Sep 09
- 3 rehearsals between Nov. 8-14; reading takes place Nov. 15, 5pm in Culver City, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting a staged reading of the new play, "The Fertile River," in which the American Eugenics Movement threatens to alter the lives of a poor southern black family.Sep 09
- We will be holding rehearsals in the spring of 2016 with production dates beginning in late August.
- Auditions: Oct 17 in Jermyn, PA
Casting "Confidential Deceit," Jordan Marino's life is turned upside down when his father Jason, an investment banker is arrested on embezzlement charges leaving Jordan alone with his abusive, alcoholic, pill addicted mother, Carol. Now the two must seek shelter in the local trailer park, and adjust to their new life ...Sep 09