Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 6 and run Mon.-Thurs. (6-10 p.m.) and Sun. (3-7 p.m.); show runs Nov. 7-16 at The Bijou Theatre, 275 Fairfield Ave., Bridgeport, CT.
- Auditions: Sep 18 in Bridgeport, CT
The Bijou Theatre in downtown Bridgeport is casting Stephen Sondheim’s “Assassins,” directed by Kevin Pelkey. This will be the second in The Bijou Theatre’s first Main Stage Theatre Series. All types and ethnicities are encouraged to audition. Synopsis: Our nation's most notorious assassins gather on stage to violently pursue a ...Aug 19
- "Bonnie & Clyde" runs Feb. 2-Mar. 29, 2015; "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" runs Mar. 16-May 10, 2015 in Louisville, KY.
- Auditions: Sep 22, 23 in New York, NY
Casting "Bonnie & Clyde" & "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers." Derby Dinner Playhouse is a year-round, non-Equity, professional dinner theater.Aug 18
- Rehearses in Florida; performances will be aboard the cruise ships to various worldwide locations including the Caribbean, Asia, India, USA, Australia, the Mediterranean, and Africa.
- Auditions: Sep 25, in New York, NY and Sep 26 in New York, NY
Casting singers, dancers, ballroom dancers, and specialty teams for Elite 6 Star Ships "Now & Forever: The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber." Jean Ann Productions is a full service entertainment company specializing in Las Vegas Entertainment, cruises and award winning Broadway shows.Aug 18
- Rehearses Sept.-Nov. 2014 in Philadelphia, PA; workshops Oct. 2014; performs Nov. 2014 in NYC. Note: Will likely move rehearsals to NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA; New York, NY
Casting "Ska Days," a workshop of a new experimental play.Aug 15
- Touring dates begin in late September; touring is local to the Chicago, IL area. All transportation is provided.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
American Eagle Productions is accepting resumes for immediate replacements for its 2014-15 season. Seeking male and female actors/singers for local tours in schools. Must be available for daytime work. Fourteen productions run in rep including "Charlotte's Web," "1776," and others. All shows are musicals with the exception of one.Aug 15
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Sep 18 in New York, NY
Seeking actor/singer/musicians for future replacements in "Once" with music & lyrics by Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova and book by Enda Walsh.Aug 14
- Currently running on Broadway in NY.
- Auditions: Sep 18, in New York, NY
Casting possible future replacements for "Les Miserables."Aug 14
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs Nov. 28-Dec. 28 with no performances on Dec. 24 & 25 at Chance Theater in Anaheim, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Anaheim, CA; Orange, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Santa Monica, CA; Riverside, CA; Costa Mesa, CA; Hollywood, CA; Santa Monica, CA; Santa Ana, CA; Pasadena, CA; Irvine, CA; Garden Grove, CA; Tustin, CA; Yorba Linda, CA
Casting the Tony Award-winning musical, "She Loves Me," which follows the story of two pen pals who fall in love not realizing that they already know each other.Aug 14
- Performances run March 6-April 12, 2015, at The Lakewood Theatre, located in the Lakewood Center for the Arts, Lake Oswego, OR.
- Auditions: Sep 27, 29 in Lake Oswego, OR
Casting the play, "Three Men on a Horse," a screwball comedy set in New York and suburban New Jersey in the early 1930's. Producers state: "The play has been revived on Broadway several times and made into films, seen on television, and adapted as a musical. The comedy focuses on ...Aug 14