Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Performances take place on an ongoing basis aboard Holland America's cruise ships, which travel worldwide.
- Auditions: Aug 10, in Los Angeles, CA
Casting singers, singer-dancers, and dancers for production shows performing onboard Holland America Line's luxury vessels with worldwide itineraries.Jun 30
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 28; runs Nov. /14 Jan. 4, 2015 in Syracuse, NY.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors who sing for "Hairspray," with book by Mark O'Donnell and Thomas Meehan, and music & lyrics by Marc Shaiman and lyrics by Scott Wittman.Jun 27
- Cruises depart from Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Auditions: Aug 18, 19, in Orlando, FL
Casting singers, dancers, and musicians for productions aboard Carnival cruises.Jun 30
- Rehearses and performs in Midtown Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; New York, NY; CT
Casting a backers production of "Casey - 30 Years Later!," a comedy play is based upon the cult horror film "Basket Case" by director/writer Frank Henenlotter. Released in 1982, this horror film tells the story of a young man who carries his deformed conjoined twin brother in a large basket ...Jun 28
- Rehearsals begin mid-February, 2015. Performances run March 27-April 18, 2015, at the CoHo Theatre, in Portland, OR.
- Seeking submissions from: Portland, OR; Seattle, WA
Casting "Belleville," a play by Amy Herzog. Project description: "Young Americans Zack and Abby have the perfect ex-pat life in Paris: a funky bohemian apartment in up-and-coming Belleville, a stable marriage, and Zack’s noble mission to fight pediatric AIDS. But when Abby finds Zack at home one afternoon when he’s ...Jun 23
- Performs the first two weeks of Dec. 2014 in MI.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "God Bless Us Everyone," a sequel musical to "A Christmas Carol" picking up with Scrooge's funeral and telling the story of Tiny Tim as an adult (now Dr. Timothy Cratchit). Director states: "This musical is written and orchestrated by Robert Sterling and the Orchestra recorded this summer in Nashville."Jun 25
- Production is currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in New York, NY
Casting possible replacements for the Broadway production of "Mamma Mia!." Synopsis: The songs of the pop group ABBA provide the score for this romantic comedy that contrasts the dreams and desires of a young woman about to become a bride with those of her mother, a free spirit of the ...Jun 24
- Performances run October 23-November 1, at Midvale Main Street Theatre in Midvale, UT.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in Midvale, UT
Casting "The Rocky Horror Show," the stage musical based on the cult-classic film, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." Music, lyrics, and book by Richard O’Brien. A humorous tribute to the science fiction and horror B movies through early 1970's, the musical tells the story of Brad and Janet, a newly ...Jun 24
- Auditions: Sep 5, 6, 7 in Scottsdale, AZ
Casting Rogers & Hammerstein's classica musical, "Oklahoma," set in 1895 on an Oklahoma farm run by Aunt Eller.Jun 24
- Rehearses two evenings per week in August & four evenings per week in September, at Centerstage Church. Performances run October 10-25, in Apache Junction, AZ.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in Apache Junction, AZ
Casting Neil Simon's classic comedy, "The Odd Couple." Producers state: “Zao Theater was founded in 2013 with opening night scheduled for October 10th, 2014. Zao Theater exists for three reasons: To provide high quality live entertainment at an affordable price; To invest in the arts community in the east valley ...Jun 24
- Performances run September 18-27, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Short Attention Span Theatre 3: The Chicago Way," a play festival. Project description: "Six brand new short plays will be featured in this year's festival which celebrates the one-act play and our propensity to change the channel every fifteen minutes."Jun 23
- Rehearsals and performances TBD in Nantucket, MA.
- Seeking submissions from: Nantucket, MA
Casting role of Picasso for "A Picasso."Jun 23
- Rehearses in August (exact dates TBD); performs Aug. 31 as part of the Tampa Bay Theatre Festival One Act Play Competition.
- Seeking submissions from: Tampa, FL
Casting "Nothing Happens," a one-act play that takes a "humorous but meaningful" look at what it's like to be the two last people on Earth.Jun 21
- Season rehearses and performs in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Costa Mesa, CA
Casting South Coast Repertory 2014-15 season. Season includes: "Charlotte's Web" (Runs Oct. 21-Nov. 23, 2014), "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" (Runs Jan. 20-Feb. 22, 2015), and "OZ 2.0" (Runs May 5-June 7, 2015).Jun 19
- Season rehearses and performs in PA and MO.
- Auditions: Aug 18, 25 in Strasburg, PA
Casting Sight & Sound Theatres 2015 season. Season includes: "Joseph" (rehearsals begin April 2015; runs through mid-October 2015 in PA), "Jonah" (rehearsals begin February 2015; runs through December 2015 in MO), and "Miracle of Christmas" (rehearsals begin October 2015; runs through December 2015 in PA). Company states: "Now accepting submissions ...Jun 19
- Show runs November 1-23 in Phoenixville, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Phoenixville, PA
Casting all roles for the Tony Award winning musical "Thoroughly Modern Millie." The story of a small-town girl who comes to New York City to marry for money instead of love – a modern aim for a time when women were just entering the workforce.Jun 14