Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Currently running Off-Broadway.
- Auditions: Feb 26 in New York, NY
Seeking possible future replacements in the currently running Off-Broadway production of "The Fantasticks."Jan 26
- Currently running Off-Broadway in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 4 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors for possible future replacements in the currently running Off-Broadway production of "Perfect Crime."Jan 26
- Season runs in Vista, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 22, 23, 24 in Vista, CA
Casting the 2016 Season for Moonlight Stage Productions. Season includes: "Sister Act" (John Vaughan, dir.-choreo.; Lyndon Pugeda, musical dir. Equity rehearsals begin May 30; runs June 15-July 2); "Peter Pan" (Steven Glaudini, producing artistic dir.-dir.; JD Dumas, co-musical dir.; Ken Gammie, co-musical dir.; Carlos Mendoza, choreo. Equity rehearsal begin July ...Jan 26
- Rehearsals begin March 1; runs April 2-24 in Chapel Hill, NC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Sweeney Todd," a musical.Jan 26
- Season runs in Wellfleet, MA.
- Auditions: Feb 12, 13, 14 in Wellfleet, MA
Casting the 2016 Season for Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theatre. Season includes: "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (Shakespeare, playwright. Rehearsals begin around Feb. 23; previews begin March 7; runs March 19-April 3); "Girlfriend" (Todd Almond, writer; Matthew Sweet, music & lyrics; Christopher Ostrom, dir. Rehearsals begin around April 20; previews begin May ...Jan 26
- Season runs in Aspen, CO.
- Auditions: Mar 6, in Aspen, CO
Casting the 2016 Season for Theatre Aspen. Season includes: "Mamma Mia" (Mark Martino, dir.-choreo.; Eric Alsford, music dir. Rehearsals begin June 6; previews begin June 24; runs June 27-Aug. 20); "Buyer and Cellar" (Maurice LaMee, dir. Rehearsals begin June 28; previews begin July 7; runs July 9-Aug. 19); and "Dear ...Jan 26
- Rehearsals will start late February/early March in Berkeley. The rehearsal schedule will be 3-4 days per week (weekday rehearsals will be in the evenings, weekend rehearsals will be during the day); runs May 6-8, in Berkeley and May 27-June 5 (Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays) in San Francisco, Fort Mason as part of the San Francisco International Arts Festival.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in Berkeley, CA
Casting "Quantum Desire" by Giulio Cesare Perrone for the Inferno Theatre, a physical ensemble theatre based in Berkeley.Jan 26
- Opportunities are ongoing; must be available to rehearse immediately; runs in Miami, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Miami, FL; Palm Beach, FL
Seeking funny actors to perform solo and two-person shows at schools and special events for Silly Sallys Entertainment. Coordinator states: "Play a lot, laugh a lot, be silly, and learn great skills."Jan 26
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 29 at At ArtsWestchester in White Plains or at The Grinton Will Library; runs Apr. 29-May 1 at the Joan R Pincus Theater in the Grinton Will Libray in Yonkers, NY (10 minutes from Jonathan Larson's hometown of White Plains). Note: Not all actors will be called to every rehearsal, exact schedule will depend on role/actors' availability. This production will open 20 years to the day of the original Broadway opening night.
- Auditions: Feb 15, 16, 20 in White Plains, NY
Casting a special 20th anniversary production of "Rent."Jan 26
- Rehearsals begin April 25; runs June 1-26 (Wed.-Sat., 7:30 p.m.; Sun., 2:30 p.m.) in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Feb 22, 23, 24 in Austin, TX
Casting "One Man, Two Guvnors."Jan 26