Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Season runs May 1-Nov. 6, 2016 in Ogunquit, ME.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in New Yor, NY
Seeking ensemble dancers for the 2016 Season for The Ogunquit Playhouse. Season includes: "Anything Goes," "Hunchback of Notre Dame," "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert," "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," and "Million Dollar Quartet."Jan 26
- Season runs in Ogunquit, ME.
- Auditions: Feb 12 in New York, NY
Seeking ensemble singers for the 2016 Season for The Ogunquit Playhouse. Season includes: "Anything Goes," "Hunchback of Notre Dame," "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert," "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," and "Million Dollar Quartet."Jan 26
- Currently casting two cabarets; rehearses Feb. 20; one cabaret performs Feb. 25 & 26 and one performs Feb. 27 & 28, in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking singers for the late-February cast of The Cranky Cabaret, a demented, fun-filled revue packed with delightfully angry, naughty, edgy songs. All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with the "cranky" theme.Jan 26
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 14; runs Apr. 15-May 28 at Candlelight Pavilion in Claremont, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 15, in Claremont, CA
Casting "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying," winner of the Tony and Pulitzer Prize for it's 1961 debut, in which Finch, a window cleaner, finds a book of the same name and by following the often underhanded advice, he soon rises through the ranks of the World Wide ...Jan 25
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 22; opens April 23 at Zio Fraedo's in Pleasant Hill, CA. (Bay Area)
- Seeking submissions from: Pleasant Hill, CA; Walnut Creek, CA; San Francisco, CA
Casting in San Francisco for "The Mob's Last Supper," an interactive dinner theater production that involves singing, dancing, and comedic interaction with the audience. Synopsis: The head of the mob family has been indicted by the feds, but knows there's a rat in the family. During his going away party, ...Jan 25
- Season runs Ogunquit, ME.
- Auditions: Feb 11, in New York, NY
Casting the 2016 Season for the Ogunquit Playhouse. Season includes: "Anything Goes" (Rehearsals begin June 6; runs June 15-July 9); "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (Rehearsals begin June 27 in NYC; runs July 13-Aug. 6); "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" (Rehearsals begin June 6; runs June 15-July 9); "Seven Brides ...Jan 25
- Rehearsal and performance dates TBD at Geffen Playhouse in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Stage Kiss," a play.Jan 25
- Rehearsals begin in Feb.; runs on dates TBD (six shows/wk.) at The Grand Majestic Dinner Theater, Pigeon Forge, TN.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting The Grand Majestic Dinner Theater's production of "Soul of Motown," a concert-style, high-energy show featuring the artists and their top hits of the Motown Era with solos, step-outs, and tight harmonies featured.Jan 25
- PA contract for next season will likely be from Sept. 2016-June 2017 Children's Theatre Company, 2400 3rd Ave. South, Minneapolis, MN.
- Auditions: Feb 17 in Washington, DC and Feb 19 in Chicago, IL
Seeking actors to audition for Children’s Theatre Company (CTC)'s Performing Apprentice (PA) Program for the 2016-2017 season. Company manager states: "CTC’s PA Program is one of the most intensive in the nation. It offers a comprehensive opportunity for gifted young actors ages 19 and older. PAs have the unique opportunity ...Jan 25
- Rehearsals for both shows begin August/September 2016 in NYC. Contracts typically run through summer 2017.
- Auditions: Feb 15 in New York, NY and Feb 16 in New York, NY
Casting singers for "Rent" (a rock opera set in New York’s Lower East Side “amid poverty, homelessness, spunky gay life, drag queens and punk” in the shadow of AIDS in the late 80s/early 90s) and "Mamma Mia" (The songs of the pop group ABBA provide the score for this romantic ...Jan 25