Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 14; runs Oct. 8-Nov. 1, Thurs.-Sat. evening at 8 p.m. and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. in Garden Grove, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 1 in Garden Grove, CA
Casting "Little Shop of Horrors," a comedy horror rock musical about a hapless florist shop worker who raises a plant that feeds on human blood and flesh. The musical is based on the low-budget 1960 black comedy film of the same name, directed by Roger Corman.Jul 29
- Meetings begin mid-August; rehearses midtown/UWS; runs mid-October to mid-November, midtown west in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking interns (front of house, stage managers, assistant stage managers), assistant directors, development staff, puppet designers, set designers, and design assistants (props, costumes, lighting), and Special Events staff for Frog & Peach Theatre Co, Inc., a New York Shakespeare ensemble founded by members of the Actors Studio. Company states: "Making ...Jul 29
- Rehearses October 2015; performs Nov. 07, 2015 in Atlanta, GA.
- Seeking submissions from: Atlanta, GA
Casting "The Ballad of Sweet Auburn," a play from the mind of Altrazo H. Tiller. Synopsis: Dreams: a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person’s mind during sleep; reliving days of the past, altering sown seeds to ease the pain of reality reaped; resurrected ancestors, warnings of ...Jul 29
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 12 followed by Mon.-Thurs. evening rehearsals and one weekend day rehearsals through Oct. 30; preview performances Nov. 6-8; runs Nov. 13-Dec. 20 at the Bootleg Theater in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting Rogue Artists Ensemble's "Wood Boy Dog Fish," a world-premiere hyper-theatrical performance event written by award-winning playwright Chelsea Sutton with Rogue Artists Ensemble, based on the original "Pinocchio" text by Italian writer Carlo Collodi. The Rogues’ project is inspired by the original story, creating an adult-minded, surreal retelling of this ...Jul 29
- Production runs October 29-31, in Lawton, OK.
- Auditions: Sep 14, 15 in Lawton, OK
Casting for the musical "The Rocky Horror Show."Jul 29
- Records in August and September in West Hollywood, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Seeking singers who can sing in 1930's jazz and musical theater style to record vocals for the soundtrack of an original musical comedy thriller.Jul 28
- Runs on Broadway and nationwide on tour.
- Auditions: Sep 4, in New York, NY
Seeking Equity singers who move and dancers who sing, as well as possible future replacements for "Wicked," a musical on Broadway and a national tour.Jul 28
- Rehearses Nov. 9-12 (6-10 p.m.); Nov. 14 (10 a.m.-5 p.m.); Nov. 16-19 (6-10 p.m.); Nov. 21 (10 a.m.-5 p.m.), Nov. 23-24 (6-10 p.m.), Nov. 28 (10 a.m.-5 p.m.) and Nov. 30-Dec. 3 (6 p.m.-TBD) in Atlanta, GA. Performs Dec. 4-5 (8 p.m.), Dec. 6 (3 p.m.), Dec. 11-12 (8 p.m.), Dec. 13 (3 p.m.), Dec. 18-19 (8 p.m.), Dec. 20 (3 p.m.) at The Earl Smith Strand Theatre. Note: The Strand reserves the right to schedule additional shows on those days if ticket sales deem necessary.
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Atlanta, GA
Seeking vocalists and dancers ages 16 & up for the third-annual "A Christmas Tradition" holiday revue at the Earl Smith Strand Theatre on the historic Marietta Square.Jul 28
- Performances Nov. 7–Dec. 13 (excluding Thanksgiving weekend), in Fremont, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Fremont, CA
Casting "Greetings!" a holiday play by Tom Dudzick. Project description: "A miraculous comedy that has become a welcome alternative to 'A Christmas Carol' in theaters all across the country."Jul 28
- Performances are held year-round in the New York area.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in New York, NY
Seeking local theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically ...Jul 28
- Performances are held year-round in the L.A. area.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in North Hollywood, CA
Seeking local theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically ...Jul 28
- Performances run January 29–February 21, 2016, in Novato, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 22 in Novato, CA
Casting "A Cajun Midsummer Night's Dream," a Shakespeare adaptation by Clay David. Project description: "Marrying 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' with the Cajun-Creole Bayou is a wonderful opportunity to explore afresh the richness of both the true Cajun culture and Shakespeare’s delightful, disruptive overturning of the everyday world."Jul 27
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 5 and every Tues. and Thurs. 6:30-8:30 p.m. and Sat. 10-4 p.m. in Buena Park; runs Nov. 16-19, 5-10 p.m. and Nov. 20-22 and 27-29 in Buena Park, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 29, 30 in Buena Park, CA
Seeking director, choreographer, and music director for "Once Upon a Mattress," Rodgers & Hammerstein's musical comedy story based on "The Princess and the Pea." Production will consist of children ages 9 to 18.Jul 27
- Rehearsals begin early December 2015; runs Jan. 15-31, 2016 in Mountain View, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Mountain View, CA
Casting "The Mountaintop", a play by Katori Hall. Project description: "A fictional depiction of the Reverend Martin Luther King's last night on earth, set entirely in Room 306 of the Lorraine Motel on the eve of his assassination on April 4, 1968."Jul 27
- Performances run December 3-12, in Midvale, UT.
- Auditions: Aug 28 in Midvale, UT
Casting "Seussical Jr.," a musical. Project description: “Horton the Elephant, The Cat in the Hat, and all of your favorite Dr. Seuss characters spring to life onstage in ‘Seussical Jr.,’ a fantastical musical extravaganza.”Jul 27
- Rehearses in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3, 8 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Ruddygore," a Gilbert & Sullivan musical production. Project description: "The witch’s curse dooms all descendants of the House of Ruddygore to commit a crime every day, or die in inconceivable agonies."Jul 27
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 16; runs Nov. 8-22 at the Bindlestiff Theater in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting "Two Terrorists Meet," a play dramatization of the infamous meeting at the Waldorf-Astoria in 1980 between Imelda Marcos and Steve Psinakis, the Greek engineer leading the U.S. opposition to Mrs. Marcos‘ dictatorship.Jul 25
- Rehearses Oct. 19-23; script-in-hand presentation/reading take place Oct. 24 in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in Pittsburgh, PA
Casting actor/singers for various roles in the upcoming reading of "First Date the Musical." Synopsis: A real-time look at one blind/first date, Aaron and Casey are our "daters." The other patrons and waiter in the restaurant turn into baggage from Aaron and Casey’s past and future, trying to impact the ...Jul 24