Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 25; runs Oct. 2-5 in Pittsburg, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 18, 19, 21 in Pittsburg, CA
Casting "Hound Of The Baskervilles," a play in which Sherlock Holmes and his companion Dr. Watson investigate the case of an attempted murder inspired by the legend of a fearsome, diabolical hound of supernatural origin.Jun 03
- Performances run Feb. 27-Mar. 8, 2015 in Pittsburg, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Pittsburg, CA
Casting the musical "Into the Woods." Production description: "A witch conspires to teach important lessons to various characters of popular children's stories including Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Rapunzel."Jun 03
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 9; runs Sept. 27-Oct. 12 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 15 in San Diego, CA
Seeking submissions for the roles of Natalie, Henry and Dr. Madden. Will consider an Equity contract for the role of Dr. Madden only. No video submissions. Audition will take place in San Diego, CA. The roles of Diane, Dan and Gabe have been cast.Jun 02
- Rehearses Aug.-Sept. 2014; opens Oct. 4 and runs through June 2015 with possible second year extension.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Saint Francis: Troubadour of God's Peace," a one-person show on the life and spirit of Saint Francis of Assisi, to tour the U.S. with performances in churches and theaters.May 28
- Three play finalists will be selected from all entries received by the deadline of June 30, 2014 and given staged readings in the fall of 2014; winning production will be in December 2015. Three musical finalists will be selected from all entries received by the deadline of Aug. 31, 2014 and given staged readings in the spring of 2015; winning production will be in the spring of 2016.
- Seeking submissions from: Northern NJ, NJ; Tri-State, NY
Seeking new plays and musicals for the 12th Annual NJ Playwrights Contest. The Play Series is open to NJ residents only and the Musical Series is open to all in the northern NJ, tri-state region. Producing Director states: "We are particularly seeking plays and musicals suited for staging in a ...Jun 02
- Show opens late October, in Swarthmore, PA.
- Auditions: Jul 23 in Swarthmore, PA
Casting two leads for stage adaptation of John Fowles, "The Collector," about an obsessed and introverted butterfly collector who stalks a beautiful and privileged art student.Jun 01
- Rehearsals begin late July or early August. Performances run October 10-25 in Buckingham, PA, with special performances, benefits, and matinees already booked during the run.
- Seeking submissions from: Doylestown, PA
Casting all roles for stage version of Shirley Jackson's famous thriller, "The Haunting of Hill House." Project Description: "A small group of people are brought together in a brooding, mid-Victorian mansion known to harbor evil. Led by Dr. Montague, the visitors probe the secrets of the old house and draw ...Jun 01
- Rehearses Mon.-Thurs. evenings and possible Sun. afternoons; runs Oct. 24-Nov. 8. Note: There will be two performances on Oct. 30 and Nov. 6 in CT.
- Auditions: Aug 4, 5 in New Canaan, CT
Casting "A Time to Kill" adapted for the stage by Rupert Holmes (based on the novel by John Grisham) is the incendiary story of a Southern community torn in half by an unspeakable crime. As the shocking news hits the public, small town America becomes the center of a media ...May 30
- Rehearsals begin July 29; runs Aug. 20-31 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Winter's Tale," by William Shakespeare. This production is a revival of The Shakespeare Theatre Company's 2013 production of The Winter's Tale. The production is STC's annual "Free For All'' which means all performances are completely free of charge and open to the public.May 29
- Shows are ongoing in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting for "Blue Man Group," a theatrical performance. Project description: "Best known for multimedia performances that feature three bald and blue characters, 'Blue Man Group' is theater, ritual, performance art, comedy, rock music and dance party all rolled into one."May 27
- Performs in August 14 - 17 and possible extended runs in ACME theater in North Hollywood, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting an all-Asian production of "Hamlet," the first work in Memento Mori Company's Shakespeare series.May 18
- Both Shakespeare plays will be performed in repertory, with rehearsals beginning August 27; opens October 1. Rehearsals for "Alice" begin November 12; opens December 10. "The Metamorphosis" rehearsals begin January 14, 2015; opens February 4, 2015. All rehearsals for Quintessence productions run Wednesdays through Sundays, in the Mount Airy section of Philadelphia, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA
Quintessence Theatre is casting all roles for its 2014-15 season, including "Richard II," "As You Like It," "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland," and "The Metamorphosis."May 14