Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Season rehearses and runs in New Brunswick, NJ.
- Auditions: Aug 20 in New Brunswick, NJ
Seeking Equity actors for various roles in George Street Playhouse's upcoming 2015-16 season plays. Season includes: one title TBA (rehearsals begin Oct. 20; runs Nov. 10-Nov. 29, 2015); "Nureyev's Eyes" (David Rush, writer; Michael Mastro, dir. Rehearsals begin Jan. 12, 2016; runs Feb. 2-Feb. 21; transfers to Delaware Theater Company ...3 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin week of Dec. 21 (weekday eves. and weekend daytimes); tech rehearsals Jan. 16 & 17, 2016; previews Jan. 21 & 22; runs Jan. 23-Feb. 28 (Wed.-Sat., 8 p.m.; Sat. & Sun, 2 p.m.) in Atlanta, GA.
- Auditions: Aug 9, 10 in Atlanta, GA
Casting "Sweeney Todd."12 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin August 17. Production runs November 27-December 6, in Plano, TX.
- Auditions: Aug 8, 15 in Plano, TX
Casting for the production "Grey's Secretary."1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 16; runs Sept. 10, 2015-Jan. 3, 2016 at Midtown Arts Center, Fort Collins, CO.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Rock of Ages," the '80s party of the year, Broadway-style. This will be the regional premiere.1 hours ago
- Production runs October 30-November 15, in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Baton Rouge, LA
Casting for the production "The Miracle Worker." Project description: "This classic tells the story of Annie Sullivan and her student, blind and mute Hellen Keller. The play dramatizes the volatile relationship between the lonely teacher and her charge."1 hours ago
- Production runs October 16-November 1, in Pasadena, TX.
- Auditions: Aug 30 in Pasadena, TX
Casting for the production "Everything in the Garden." Project description: "Set in the 1960s, Richard and his wife, Jenny, are hunting and following the American dream while the corruption of money and the rottenness of a bigoted suburbia and where conformity to its illiberal standards and its hypocritical show of ...2 hours ago
- Workshop 1 will be held Sept. 14-27; Workshop 2 will be held Oct. 12-25; Workshop 3 TBD. Rehearses Mon.-Thurs. evenings, and weekend afternoons. Performances will be held on the final Sunday of each workshop period. All actors need not be available for all rehearsals (principals should expect to be needed at most), but all must be available to attend the final Saturday and Sunday of each workshop. Actors need not be available for both workshops. All rehearsals and workshops held in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 8 in New York, NY
Casting 2-3 workshop productions of “Molasses in January," an original musical for all ages. “Molasses” is historical fiction set in Boston’s North End between 1914-1919, the time of the famed Boston Molasses Disaster. Anna, a single Italian woman, struggles to raise her two children, and learns that life can change ...2 hours ago
- Rehearses Sept. 2; performs Sept. 8 & 9 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking singers for the mid-September cast of The Cranky Cabaret, a demented, fun-filled revue packed with delightfully naughty, angry, edgy songs. All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with the "cranky" theme.3 hours ago
- Production runs October 30-November 8, in Arlington, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 21 in Arlington, TX
Casting for the production "The Outsiders." Project description: "This powerful coming of age story follows two rival groups, the Greasers and the Socs, who are divided by their socioeconomic status."9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin after Labor Day in Sept. and run through Oct. (Sat. mornings and Mon. nights every week); runs Oct. 22, 23, and 24 at the Landis Theater in Vineland, NJ.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Sewell, NJ and Sep 1 in Vineland, NJ
Casting "Frankenstein Rocks!," a comedic rock musical that explodes onto the stage with all the awesomeness and amperage you would expect from an '80s-style hair metal rock concert. It's a roller-coaster rocket ride from the beginning to the end, leaving you wanting more. Director states: "We're only a 25-minute drive ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in Sept. in Riverside, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 17 in Riverside, CA
Casting "Arcadia," the play by Tom Stoppard. Executive director states: "Tom Stoppard is considered by many to be the greatest playwright of his generation, with 'Arcadia' being his greatest masterpiece." Synopsis: Scenes from the past and present play themselves out in the same room of an English estate. Although separated ...11 hours ago