Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Reh in NYC : March 9th Opens in Long Island: March 26th Closes: May 10th
- Auditions: Jan 20 in New York, NY
Seeking Male and Female Non Union dancers who sing and act for all roles in A Chorus Line45 minutes ago
- First rehearsal Feb. 23; opens Mar. 28; closes Apr. 18, 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 26, 31 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors in "All Gone West," a play taking place in the 1950s.38 minutes ago
- Rehearses Feb. 23-Mar. 28 in NYC; load-in is March 23; show runs Mar. 28-Apr. 18 (16 performances) at 64 E. 4th St.; load-out and contract ends Apr. 19, 2015.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Seeking an Equity Stage Manager for "All Gone West," a six actor play with a four-piece jazz band.1 hours ago
- Rehearses Mon., Wed., and Thurs. (7-9 p.m.); actors won't necessarily be called for all rehearsals; show performs May 31 and Jun. 1 in Pacific Palisades, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Pacific Palisades, CA; Santa Monica, CA; Malibu, CA; Westwood, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Grease," a musical being produced by the Keillor Israel Temple in Pacific Palisades.Monday
- Rehearses Jan. 12-Mar. 5, 2015 (based on actor availability) in South Orange and Maplewood, NJ, a short walk from the NJ Transit train stations.
- Auditions: Jan 5, 7 in South Orange, NJ
Casting "Almost, Maine," a non-union, non-paying production. Seeking all actors, male and female, mid-20s to early 40s. Synopsis: Welcome to Almost, Maine, a town that’s so far north, it’s almost not in the United States—it’s almost in Canada. And it almost doesn’t exist, because its residents never got around to ...13 hours ago
- Runs June, 2015 in Santa Fe, NM.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking submissions for the second annual Santa Fe Theatre Musical Festival. Three works will be selected for workshopping and public performance. Each work will have the undivided attention of a professional director and musical director. Last year's directors were: Pat Birch, Bill Castellino, and Dan Foster.17 hours ago
- Runs Dec. 21 at 12:00 p.m. in Staten Island, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Staten Island, NY; NJ; CT
Seeking male actors who are short, fat and bald for an upscale children's birthday party.18 hours ago
- Rehearsal dates TBD; runs Jan. 9-11, 16-18, 23-25, Jan. 30-Feb. 1, Feb. 6-8, and Feb. 13-14 at Davenport Theatre, 354 W. 45th St., NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 5 in New York, NY
Casting understudies for "Men and Women Talking Love and Sex," a play. Director states: "'Men and Women Talking Love and Sex' ('MAWTLAS') started as an Equity Approved Showcase; we extended our run under a Per Performance Contract, and we are extending our run a second time."18 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning December. Performances January, in Oakland, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Oakland, CA
Casting the performance "Art Liberation Performance." Production description: "A troupe of queer dancers, spoken word artists, street theatre radicals, musicians, singers, visual artists, and healers that breaks down stereotypes and raises awareness."19 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning Jan. Performances beginning Jan. 29, in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting the musical production "To Diana Ross, With Love." Production description: "A Diana Ross tribute featuring "the solo years" with twenty hit songs and special guest performers."20 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning March 2. Performances April 17 - May 3, in Danville, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Danville, CA
Casting the play "Of Mice And Men." Production description: "Two drifters, one a gentle but slow giant, try to make money working the fields during the Depression so they can fulfill their dreams."20 hours ago