Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals Begin Mid August, 2014. Previews Begin September 5th. Opening Sept. 14th - October 5th, 2014. Theatre: Theatre at St. Clement's; 423 W. 46th. St.; New York, NY 10036
- Auditions: May 2, in New York, NY
"Mighty Real: A Fabulous Sylvester Musical" is a Brand New Musical which tells the life story of Sylvester through his music and his point of view. Beyond all the trials, tribulations, glitz and glamour of his lifestyle, he was a symbol for being FABULOUS, but, also, a symbol for unapologetically ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals end of May and June, NYC; Invited Industry Reading June 24, NYC; DC Black Theatre Festival Production, DC June 27
- Seeking submissions from: NYC, NY
Casting DETROIT BLUES a full-length drama by Patrice Cassedy, Music by Mike Cassedy, Directed by Zoya Kachadurian A coming of age ensemble play set in a middle class neighborhood of Detroit during the days leading up to and including the 1967 urban uprising. Claudia is a black girl who learns ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin the third week of June in NYC, and production will be up in September.
- Auditions: Apr 26, May 3 in Harlem, NY
Casting for, "Where Are All The Good Black Men?" a play about one of one of the most asked questions.6 hours ago
- Runs July 11-Aug. 6. Note: Rehearsal schedule will be posted at auditions.
- Auditions: May 17, 18 in Westchester, CA
Casting "Sordid Lives," a dark comedy about white trash.7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in early June in Lake Forest, CA - two possibly three weeknights per week. Weekend rehearsals will take place as we get closer to showtime. Show dates are Friday night, Aug. 1, 2 and a matinee on Aug. 3rd, 2014
- Seeking submissions from: Irvine, CA
A handsome young drifter (30) comes to a small narrow-minded southern town in 1950 and falls in love with/tries to rescue a middle-aged Latin woman (45) after years of abuse by her racist husband. Scenes from Tennesee Williams' Orpheus Descending will be performed at The Cabrillo Playhouse in San Clemente, ...7 hours ago
- Saturday, April 26, 2014 Time: 9:00pm Location: NYC
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting chorus girl dancers who can perform eye-high leg kicking in perfect unison. Seeking women who dance a mixture of modern dance and classic ballet. Dancers must show proficiency in several genres of dancing, mainly ballet, tap, modern, and jazz. These are ongoing gigs throughout the year. Former Rockette dancers ...7 hours ago
- We will rehearse mostly during the weekends with the occasional weekday rehearsal when needed. The show dates and times are: Fridays June 13th, 20th, 27th at 8 PM Saturdays June 14th, 21st, 28th at 6 PM
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting for "Demon-Slaying Drag Queens", an action/fantasy/drama/comedy. This production will be part of the Hollywood Fringe Festival. "In a world that hates and fears them, a band of mystically powered warrior drag queens must find and train more of their own kind in order to fight demons, protect humanity, and ...8 hours ago
- Runs July 11-Aug. 24 at The Hudson Theatres-Stages of Gray Theatre Company in Hollywood, CA. Note: Rehearsal schedule and location has not yet been selected.
- Auditions: May 1, 2 in Hollywood, CA
Casting "Hollywood Façade," a juke box love story Broadway musical mash up. This is the love story of Peter Legacy and Sarah Dulane. Sarah, a recently widowed woman from the south, and once famed queen of the Broadway stage, has found a way to reunite with her son Billy Dulane ...8 hours ago
- Shoots Apr. 26, 2-3 p.m. in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 23 in New York, NY
Casting a male actor for the character of Hans from "Frozen." Must be able to sing and interact well with audience. Must have improvisational skills.8 hours ago
- Rehearses May 10-July 10; tech rehearsal will be held July 11; runs July 12-27 at the Capital Fringe Festival in Washington, DC.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC
Casting "Martin, Love, Sex & Rhythm" an extraordinary pop-rock musical performance with an all male cast based on the modern gay men lives told through top 40 songs and different styles of dance.10 hours ago
- Rehearses May-July in NYC; runs July 10-11 & 13 in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 27 in New York, NY
Casting "The Boogeyman: Diaries of a Broken Home," a dramatic stage-play that takes you on a journey through the affects of a broken home. Leah, Tyrone, and Wendy are three individuals who have come from broken homes and suffered traumatic childhoods. Their choices in life have been heavily influenced by ...Sunday