Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances TBD, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the ongoing comedic production "Hot Giggles." Production description: "Hot Giggles is a sketch comedy troupe in San Francisco that produces hot giggles from its audience. There is considerable pigeon-based humor."25 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 28; runs Sept. 24-Nov. 16 at the DR2 Theatre, 101 E. 15th St., NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 12 in New York, NY
Casting Equity male actors for three roles in "Port Authority." Note: Two of the roles have offers out, pending acceptance; Equity considers these roles still available until offer has been accepted. Synopsis: "Port Authority" is the story of three generations of Irish men: Kevin, a rudderless young man falling for ...39 minutes ago
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances October 3 – November 1, in Half Moon Bay, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 2, 3 in Half Moon Bay, CA
Casting the play "The Woman In Black." Production description: "A ghost play which creates a tense and eerie world for the audience. The dark tale, told by Mr. Kipps, with the help of an actor, transports the audience back to Eel Marsh House where visual and audio senses will be ...40 minutes ago
- Rehearsal dates vary based on each producer's schedule; shows run Oct. 9-12, during the festival, at Porter Sanford III Performing Arts Center, Atlanta, GA.
- Auditions: Aug 9, in Decatur, GA
Seeking actors, singers, hosts, comedians, musicians, and dancers for the Atlanta Black Theatre Festival: men and women of all ages, sizes, and colors for fully-staged performances and staged readings.2 hours ago
- Rehearses and performs late-summer to early-fall 2014 in Lake Arrowhead, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Lake Arrowhead, CA; Hollywood, CA
Casting "Report to the Academy," an original play about an ape in a monkey suit.21 hours ago
- Rehearses September-November (Mon.-Fri. eves. & some Sun.); runs Nov. 8-16 at the Irvington Town Hall Theater, 85 Main St., Irvington, NY (30 min. from Grand Central Terminal).
- Auditions: Aug 11 in Irvington, NY
Casting "Miss Saigon." Synopsis: This epic musical love story tells the tragic tale of a young bar girl, orphaned by war, who falls in love with an American G.I.--but their lives are torn apart by the fall of Saigon. A haunting tale based on Puccini's Madame Butterfly.1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Oct. 29-Nov. 16 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 25, 26 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting "The Chosen." Synopsis: The story of two boys, two fathers and two very different Jewish communities “five blocks and a world apart” in Brooklyn in the 1940s. This is a heartfelt story of friendship and important choices that two families make on the path toward understanding, respect and reconciliation.18 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 14; load-in Nov. 1; runs Nov. 7-23 with possible extension to Nov. 30 in Westfield, IN. Note: see below for rehearsal details.
- Auditions: Aug 11 in Westfield, IN
Casting "Pete and Keely."2 hours ago
- Rehearses July-Aug. (Tue. & Thu., 6-10 p.m., as well as Aug. 9, 13, 16, & 23, 9 a.m.-noon); runs Aug. 27 at 2 p.m., Aug. 30 at 1 p.m., and Aug. 31 at 4:30 p.m. at the Theatre at St. Clement's in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 31, Aug 3 in New York, NY and Aug 2 in NY, NY
Casting "No Name In The Street," a gospel/rock concert musical based on the biblical story of Job.3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin the second week in August; rehearsal schedule TBD based on actor availability; full dress rehearsal Sept. 22 (6:30-9:30 p.m.); performs Sept. 23, 26, 27, and 28 (all at 6:30 p.m.), with the possibility of one more performance on Oct. 2 if the play is selected for finals.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Sex With a Fat Girl," a play for a festival competition. Also seeking a director. This play is a comedy with a few dramatic moments.10 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 25-Sept. 4. Previews begin Aug. 30; runs Sept. 13 through approx. Nov. 2 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m. and Sun. at 3 p.m.) at The Road Theater, 5108 Lankershim Boulevard, North Hollywood, CA. No shows the weekend of Oct. 10-12; if the run is extended, there will be shows during Thanksgiving weekend.
- Auditions: Aug 6 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting "Smoke and Mirrors," a "magical"--a story told through magic. Synopsis: After suffering a tragedy, a boy misdirects his grief with magic and eventually finds himself in the process.11 hours ago
- Runs Oct. 9-Nov. 2 at the West End Theatre in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Frog & Peach Theatre Co., New York's premiere Shakespeare ensemble, is currently accepting both Equity and non-Equity submissions for a few roles in its fall 2014 main stage production. Must have Method training and professional Shakespearean credits. Also seeking non-Equity submissions for its Tinkerbell Theatre.16 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin mid to late August at Ripley Grier Studios in NYC. Production begins late September early October in NYC. Late nights on weekends only.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in New York, NY
Casting a female supporting role in play "White Trash" a 75 min drama written & directed by Anthony Joseph. Two roommates Kyle & Timmy both discover each others secrets which turns their relationship into an emotional rollercoaster ride as Kyle's flashback about his dark past comes back to haunt him.18 hours ago
- Rehearsals start the week of August 24 and performances go through October Saturdays, Sundays at 3PM, the final weekend also at 8PM. For full performance dates visit: http://www.theatre-hikes.org/Resurrected.html
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Theatre-Hikes is seeking musicians for the premiere of a new script entitled Resurrected. It is important that the performer maintains stage presence and the tone of the piece as they will be heavily involved in the storytelling and be a focus of the audience. We would like to see players ...18 hours ago
- Performances are ongoing in the NYC/NJ area.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Drama Desk Nominated interactive theater company Live In Theater Productions, described as "a particularly fine example...of outdoor theatre" by the New York Times, voted "Top 10 Saturday-only events" by Time Out New York, called “Brilliant” by New York Magazine, and voted “Top 6 New York City attractions for Groups” by ...19 hours ago