Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Production runs April, 2016 in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Dec 9 in Austin, TX
Casting the production "Durang Durang."3 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin on or about Jan. 11, 2016; runs Feb. 4-14 in New Brunswick, NJ.
- Auditions: Dec 15 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity actors for four roles, three men, one woman, in "College Colors."9 minutes ago
- Rehearses Dec. 2015-Feb. 2016 (Tues. & Thurs., 7:30 p.m.); tech rehearsals Feb. 15-16; runs Feb. 17-21, 2016 in Chicago, IL & June 12-19, 2016 in Pheonix, AZ.
- Auditions: Dec 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Los Secretos de Santa Mónica," a play. Synopsis: Santa Mónica de la Punta Gorda is the multicultural town of the popular radio series, "¡Qué Gente, Mi Gente!." In this small town, we see the adventures, conflicts, romance, and differences that its residents experience. Santa Monica has secrets that, in ...28 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 19, 2016; previews begin May 12; runs May 18-June 5, with possible extension to June 12, in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Dec 11 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting the role of Bashir only in "The Invisible Hand."1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 12, 2016 in NYC; season ends in Garrison, NY on August 28-Sept. 4, 2016.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting The Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival Conservatory Company for the 2016 Season. Season includes "Measure for Measure" (Davis McCallum, dir.), "As You Like It" (Gay Taylor Upchurch, dir.), "Macbeth" (Lee Sunday Evans, dir.), "Our Town" (John Christopher Plummer, dir.), and a TBD HVSF Conservatory Show.1 hours ago
- Production runs March 4-20 in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Auditions: Jan 9 in Baton Rouge, LA
Casting the musical "The Boyfriend." Project description: "Set against the backdrop of the French Riviera, this romantic spoof of 1920's musical comedies tells the story of English heiress, Polly, who is longing for only one thing: a boyfriend."2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 4, 2016; performs March 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20 2015.
- Auditions: Dec 12 in Deal Park, NJ
Casting "Dreamgirls," a musical. Synopsis: "Dreamgirls" is the story of a young female singing trio from Chicago and their rocky road to superstardom. The original Broadway production opened on December 20, 1981, at the Imperial Theatre and ran for 1,522 performances, winning six 1982 Tony Awards including one for Jennifer ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals and production dates vary throughout the 2016 season. Most bookings rehearse for one-two days, with bookings lasting three-six days. Days and hours vary--so most talent is able to work around schedules to participate.
- Seeking submissions from: Houston, TX
Seeking actors to participate in educational theater for staff training programs in Houston, TX area healthcare organizations throughout the 2016 Season for EffectiveArts. Casting Associate states: "EffectiveArts, an out-of-state professional theater company, has offered over 2,000 educational programs in the U.S. and internationally over the last 15 years. Actors that ...2 hours ago
- Meeting dates TBD 2015-2016 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking a rehearsal partner who can work on theater scenes and serve as a second eye by looking at the rehearsal from an outside perspective. Casting director states: "We also produce and have several short film and theater projects that are in pre-production in which you may be cast if ...2 hours ago
- Production runs January 28-March 5, 2016 in Fort Worth, TX.
- Auditions: Dec 13 in Fort Worth, TX
Casting the production "Clever Little Lies."2 hours ago
- Program runs June 16-July 15, 2016 in Tanzania; festival performances run July 16-24 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "ACTion: Tanzania," a month-long journey across Tanzania culminating in a performance series in NYC. Artistic director states: "This is an opportunity to explore cultures, serve communities, teach theater, workshop with master artists, learn from guest lecturers, create innovative theater, and perform original pieces in NYC."3 hours ago
- Production runs January 21, 2016 in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Dec 12 in Houston, TX
Casting the production "A New Dawn." Project description: "This cabaret will feature four plays ranging from 5- 20 minutes long."3 hours ago