Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 25; runs Oct. 10-Nov. 15 at Winningstad Theatre in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Jun 11, in N. Hollywood, CA
Casting "Cuba Libre" with book & additional lyrics by Carlos Lacámara and music by Tiempo Libre.a moment ago
- Performances run November 6-December 13, at Lakewood Theatre Company at Lakewood Center for the Arts, in Lake Oswego, OR.
- Auditions: Jun 6 in Lake Oswego, OR
Casting the play, "Present Laughter." Project description: "Noël Coward's witty, elegant, and sparkling valentine to the theater about Garry Essendine, a debonair matinee idol who never steps out of the spotlight-even when his life is complicated by the demands of friends, lovers, producers, and playwrights."2 minutes ago
- Four rehearsals and two performances, script in hand. Sides will be provided for auditions and will take place on 5/29, 6/1 and 6/2. All rehearsals and performances will take place in Manhattan.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
A staged reading of a powerful, historically accurate, new drama. In 1840 New Orleans, Clarice, a free woman of color, mistress to Lucien, a wealthy French Creole, obsesses and schemes to have Lucien bound to her alone, in a life away from repressive laws and intruding paramours. As the Quadroon ...39 minutes ago
- Obie-award winning performance company 600 HIGHWAYMEN is seeking a family of 4 or more people for a summer workshop of a new project. July 15-Aug 5th, approximately 12 hours per week. Time and schedule of rehearsals will be moderately flexible.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Fever", 600 HIGHWAYMEN's next production, to premiere January 2016 at The Public Theater. www.600highwaymen.org1 hours ago
- Performances run year-round in the Atlanta, GA area.
- Auditions: Jun 22 in Atlanta, GA
Seeking theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to ...2 hours ago
- Rehearses June 2-July 16 (3 days per week) promotional appearances June 15 & July 7; performs one night only July 16 (10 p.m.) at Dixon Place Teatro in the Lower East Side section of NYC. This performance is a part of Hot Queer Theatre Fest.
- Auditions: May 29 in New York, NY
Casting "Thank You, Mr. Douglas," a "bio-drama with music."2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 18; previews begin Sept. 11; runs Sept. 16-Oct. 11 in Boston, MA.
- Auditions: Jun 8 in New York, NY
Casting "A Little Night Music."2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 29 (Mon.-Thurs. night); performs Aug. 28-Sept. 20 at Costa Mesa Playhouse in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Auditions: Jun 22, 23, 24 in Costa Mesa, CA
Casting "The Lion in Winter," a comedy by James Goldman. Synopsis: King Henry II, his temporarily pardoned wife Eleanor, and their three sons spend Christmas testing loyalties and playing devious games concerning who will succeed Henry as King of England.3 hours ago
- Rehearses July 6-Aug. 2 (Mon.-Sat., 9 a.m.-4 p.m.) in Brooklyn, NY; runs Aug. 3-30 (14 performances) at the Irondale Ensemble Project in Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Jun 9, 10, 12 in New York, NY
Casting "Las Meninas" the story of the illicit romance between Marie-Therese (King Louis XIV's wife) and her African servant, Nabo, who is sent from Dahomey to serve as her court jester. Based on real-life accounts from the memoirs of Mme. de Montespan, this play is a story about the scandal ...3 hours ago