Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Casting auditions will take place May 4, 2015 - May 8, 2015. Rehearsals will run four (4) weeks from June 8, 2015 - July 3, 2015. The Performance slots are TBA but there will be three performances during the Fresh Fruits Festival between July 13, 2015 and July 26, 2015. Performances will be at the Wild Project Theater in the East Village.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Set entirely In The Great Room of the now shuttered Bed and Breakfast, The Hollyhock Inn, UNSEEN ANGELS tells a story of loss, rejection, bitterness, and redemption! It is the story of SHELDON MARS, famous Broadway Composer/Lyricist/Creator who has locked himself away in The Hollyhock Inn, the B and B ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin November 9, Mon.-Fri. 5-10 p.m. & Sat. 10 a.m.-6 p.m., additional rehearsals/shows: Nov. 30 – Dec. 4, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; performances will be Dec. 4 &11, 7 p.m., Dec. 5 & 6, 12 &13, noon and 3 p.m., Dec. 11, 7 p.m., Dec. 17, 10 a.m., Dec. 18, 10 a.m. & 7 p.m., Dec. 19-23, 10 a.m., noon & 3 p.m. in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: May 5 in Salt Lake City, UT
Casting "Art Dog," adapted by John Olive, composed by Susan Ennis, based on the book by Thacher Hurd. Project Description: Children will love the humorous and heroic superdog, Arthur, a mild-mannered museum guard by day. But each night, his alter ego, Art Dog, is a mysterious artist who makes the ...4 hours ago
- Shows July 9-30 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 2, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "50 Shades of Plaid," a play. Project description: "This parody of 'Fifty Shades of Grey,' is a coming-of-age story with every pun intended. Sandy is a Junior in college, bookish and shy, with a burning imagination. She falls head-over-heels for Thomas Plaid- the most popular guy on campus, rugged, ...4 hours ago
- Participation requires travel to Phnom Penh, Cambodia, for the month of July 2015.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Sophiline Arts Ensemble, an internationally celebrated Cambodian dance company, is looking to cast an actor in a three-scene workshop of an original music theater production directed and choreographed by Sophiline Cheam Shapiro and composed by Him Sophy. The Ensemble is looking for a Caucasian male in his late 20s or ...5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin November 1 in Chicago, IL. Runs December 26-January 3.
- Auditions: May 16 in Wilmette, IL
Casting "Guys and Dolls," a musical. Project description: "In New York, a gambler is challenged to take a cold female missionary to Havana, but they fall for each other, and the bet has a hidden motive to finance a crap game."5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 6 in Chicago, IL. Runs August 15-31.
- Auditions: May 16 in Wilmette, IL
Casting "South Pacific," a musical. Project description: "On a South Pacific island during World War II, love blooms between a young nurse and a secretive Frenchman who's being courted for a dangerous military mission."5 hours ago
- First Rehearsal: June 1st Load-In: July 13th Tech: July 14th-16th Dress: July 16th Previews: July 17th Opening: July 18th Strike: Aug 1st Performances will be Thursday-Sunday evenings, located at Hairpin Arts Center in Logan Square, Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 28, 29, May 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Rotpeter," a play. Project description: "Rotpeter ("Red Peter"), the world-renowned entertainer and former ape, has been commissioned to give a report. He's been a scientific and theological marvel since his first words. And in the years since, he has rapidly developed the cultural intelligence of the Average European. Now, ...5 hours ago
- Rehearsals start mid September - Opens November 6 for 3 weekends and 1 Wednesday matinee in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 4, 5 in Chicago, IL and May 4, 5 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Lion in Winter," a play. Project description: "1183 AD: King Henry II's three sons all want to inherit the throne, but he won't commit to a choice. They and his wife variously plot to force him."5 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin Monday, May 18th and will run Mondays through Thursdays from 7pm-10pm in Chicago, IL. Performances are every Saturday at 11:00pm, from June 20th - August 29th at the Greenhouse Theater Center.
- Auditions: May 2, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "El Stories," a play. Project description: "Chicago's hit late-night documentary theatre project uses real-life transit tales to explore our diverse experiences as we move through this dynamic city."5 hours ago
- Shows July 10-19 in Naperville, IL.
- Auditions: May 2, 4, 5 in Naperville, IL
Casting "Monty Python's Spamalot," a musical. Project description: "The twisted telling of King Arthur and his quest for the Holy Grail. This parody of the Arthurian legend is peppered with snappy tunes that made it a Broadway hit."5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 21 in Chicago, IL. Shows September 5-October 18.
- Auditions: May 2, 3, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Dogfight," a musical. Project description: "November 21, 1963. On the eve of their deployment to a small but growing conflict in Southeast Asia, three young Marines set out for one final boys' night of partying, debauchery, and maybe a little trouble. But when Corporal Eddie Birdlace meets Rose, an ...5 hours ago
- Runs in Spring in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an advanced "Emotionally-Centered" improvisational theater practice and performance group. Director states: "This is not improv comedy (writing on your feet), but rather improvisational theater (acting without a script). Selected participants will work alongside peers with the best rotating coaches/directors NYC has to offer. Regular performances are ...6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 28 in Chicago, IL. Shows July 17-August 2.
- Auditions: May 8, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "A Mess of Durang," a collection of six Christopher Durang’s short one-act plays. Project description: "a high-energy, comedic production hilariously served up through the following shorts: 'Naomi in the Living Room,' 'Funeral Parlor,' 'Canker Sores and Other Distractions,' 'The Hardy Boys and the Mystery of where Babies come from,' ...6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in late August with a script workshop in May, dates and times TBD after casting. Performances to begin in October, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 28, 29, 30 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Bosons," a play. Project description: "In the face of loss, can we still marvel at our place among the stars or must we concede we're little more than fertilizer?Two undergrads, Lucy and Karl, journey through the worlds of Star Trek, physics and family history, on a quest to find ...6 hours ago