Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals will be held in Coronado, California. We will start rehearsals after the July 4th weekend. We open on July 25th through August 2nd.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting call for My Big Fat Gay Wedding! This is a "family" comedy that uses a lot of strong satire to show the ridiculousness of the extremes of society. It will be part of the San Diego International Fringe Festival this summer. The show is currently scheduled to open at ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 6; runs Aug. 18-22 at Peppertree Park in Old Town Tustin, CA.
- Auditions: Jun 6 in Anaheim, CA
Casting "Kiss Me, Kate," a classic musical part of TACFA's Broadway in the Park summer series.1 hours ago
- Show performs on board the Royal Caribbean.
- Auditions: Jun 3, 4, in New York, NY
Casting a production of "Saturday Night Fever" to perform on board Royal Caribbean cruise lines.2 hours ago
- Season runs in Augusta, MI.
- Auditions: Jun 3, in Chicago, IL
Casting Barn Theatre's 2015-16 Season. Season includes "Mary Poppins" (Rehearsals begin June 3; runs June 16-28); "Ghost the Musical" (Rehearsals begin June 17; runs June 30-July 12); "American Idiot" (Rehearsals begin July 1; runs July 14-26); "Rock of Ages" (Rehearsals begin July 15; runs July 28-Aug. 9); "Hands on a ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 6 at Champions Studios, 257 West 39th St.; runs Aug. 5 (7 p.m.) and Aug. 9 (9 p.m.) at Harlem Repertory Theatre/Tato Laviera Theatre, at 240 E. 123rd St., NYC. Note: There maybe be alternate performance dates as well, TBA.
- Auditions: Jun 13 in New York, NY
Casting "The Prophet," a one-act play selected for this summer's The Riant Theatre's Strawberry One-Act Festival. Synopsis: The legendary insurrectionist, Nat Turner, makes a confession and the lawyer, Thomas R. Gray, documents the harrowing confession.3 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 17-Sept. 9; runs Sept. 10-19 in NY.
- Auditions: Jun 11 in New York, NY
Casting "A Happy End" by Iddo Netanyahu. All the characters in the play deal, throughout, with the external reality of Germany of 1932-33. This reality surrounds them at all times, whether the characters admit to it or not.3 hours ago
- Festival runs at The Davenport Theatre, 354 W. 45th St., NYC.
- Auditions: May 29 in New York, NY
Casting Midtown International Theatre Festival. Festival includes "The Dead for Breakfast: A War Comedy in Two Acts" (Runs July 8, 13, 16, 21, 24, 26, and 29) and "Intestinal Pulchritude: A Gut-Cleansing Love Tale in About a Half an Hour of Human Time" (Runs July 29, 31, Aug. 2).4 hours ago
- Rehearses July 6-Aug. 13 (primarily Sat. mornings and Mon.-Wed. eves., depending on role and involvement) in various locations local to Long Beach, CA; runs Aug. 14 (8 p.m.), Aug. 15 (2:30 p.m.), Aug. 16 (2:30 p.m.), Aug. 21 (8 p.m.), Aug. 22 (8 p.m.), and Aug. 23 (2:30 p.m.) at at the Ernest Borgnine Theatre inside the Scottish Rite of Long Beach at 855 Elm Ave., Long Beach, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Long Beach, CA
Casting "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," the musical. Synopsis: The Biblical saga of Joseph and his coat of many colors comes to vibrant life in this delightful musical parable. Joseph, his father’s favorite son, is a boy blessed with prophetic dreams. When he is sold into slavery by his ...4 hours ago