Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- • Shoot date Late June. • Stage production late summer or early fall. • Actors will receive copy of video.
- Auditions: May 6 in Manhattan, NY
A Gospel Musical about gang violence based in Washington, D.C. Lamont Spencer, 16 year old teenager, must decide to stay with the gang who revenged his father's death or seek salvation in the church. All Actors must be a minimum of 18 years old.2 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Storrs, CT.
- Auditions: Apr 30 in New York, NY
Casting three shows for the Connecticut Repertory Theatre season. Shows include "A Chorus Line" (Rehearsals begin May. 16; runs Jun. 5-15); "The Sunshine Boys" (Rehearsals begin May 30; runs Jun. 9-29); "Gypsy" (Rehearsals begin June 21; runs July 10-20).5 hours ago
- Musical rehearsals begin March 16, 2015, staging rehearsals begin April 6, 2015, and performances are May 1, 3, 5, 7, & 9, 2015, at the The Hampton Opera Center, in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: May 28, 29 in Portland, OR
Casting the musical, "Show Boat" with Portland Opera. "Show Boat is a 1927 musical based on Edna Ferber's bestselling novel of the same name, following the lives of the performers, stagehands, and dock workers on the Cotton Blossom, a Mississippi River show boat, over forty years, from 1887 to 1927."3 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Tucson and Phoenix, AZ.
- Auditions: May 12 in Phoenix, AZ and May 15, 16 in Tucson, AZ
Casting Arizona Theatre Company 2014-15 season. Season includes: "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" (Christopher Durang, writer Runs Sept. 9-Oct. 26, 2014), "Wait Until Dark" (Frederick Knott, writer; Jeffrey Hatcher, writer Runs Oct. 14-Nov. 30, 2014), "Murder for Two" (Joe Kinosian, book and lyrics; Kellen Blair, book and lyrics ...yesterday
- Conejo Players Theatre 351 S. Moorpark Rd. Thousand Oaks, CA 91361-1008 Auditions: May 11-13 Rehearses: May 19th - July 3rd, 2014 (no rehearsal on July 4; final dress is 7/3)
- Auditions: May 11, 12, 13 in Thousand Oaks, CA
Casting for a non union musical, The Marvelous Wonderettes. 4 woman comedic show that celebrates the music of the 50's and 60's.5 hours ago
- Rehearsals Start: 8/25/14 and performances run through: 9/28/14
- Auditions: May 8 in New York, NY
Picasso: age 55-late 60's Synopsis: Paris, 1941. Pablo Picasso has been summoned from his favorite café by German occupation forces and is visited by Miss Fischer, an attractive officer from the German cultural ministry. He is faced with an impossible decision: in exchange for his life he must surrender one ...6 hours ago
- Rehearses May 4-12, 16-17, 19, 23-24, 26-30 and June 1-6; performs June 6.
- Auditions: Apr 21 in New York, NY
Casting "Good Men Wanted." Producer states: "Bad bitches circa 1863. 'Good Men Wanted' brings to life the true stories of five women who fought in the Civil War disguised as men. They are Union and Confederate alike, serving as infantrymen and spies, enduring everything from capture as POW's to secret ...6 hours ago
- Classes begin Apr. 22 and meet every Tues. 7-9 p.m.; performance showcase TBA in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for TCTC Improv Showcase & Class. Artistic director states: "If you are looking to become more comfortable on stage, launch a career in comedy, hone your acting skills, or just want to have fun, then we have the class for you. Incorporating the fundamentals of improvisation, this course ...7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin late April; runs July 18-Aug. 8 at The Elmwood Playhouse at 10 Park Street in Nyack, NY.
- Auditions: Apr 17 in Nyack, NY
Casting "Awake and Sing"17 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin late-April 2014; opens mid-June 2014 in L.A.
- Auditions: Apr 21 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting the female lead in "Do Not Disturb the Disturbed," a play about an eccentric New York playwright who's kidnapped by his manager and locked in a hotel room after he refuses to finish the ending for the trashy Hollywood romantic comedy he's been hired to write.21 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 10; runs July 18-Sept. 7 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 21 in Carlsbad, CA
Casting local San Diego or Los Angeles male actors for "The Full Monty" with book by Terrence McNally and music & lyrics by David Yazbek.yesterday
- Rehearses Apr. 26, 29, & May 1; performs May 2-3 at Rowan University's Tohill Theatre.
- Seeking submissions from: Mount Laurel, NJ; Cherry Hill, NJ; Philadelphia, PA
Seeking actors to play small roles/extras in "The Prodigal," an original stage play.21 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Kansas City, MO.
- Auditions: May 1, 2 in Kansas City, MO
Casting the Kansas City Repertory Theatre's 2014-15 season. Season includes "Our Town" (David Cromer, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 12; runs Sept. 12-Oct. 5); TBA Show (Eric Rosen, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 23; runs Oct. 24-Nov. 2); "A Christmas Carol" (Kyle Hatley, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 31; runs Nov. 29-Dec. 26); ...yesterday