Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals via Skype. Production locations TBA.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
I'll Be Single Before I Settle is a traveling production that brings awareness to HIV/Domestic Violence.58 minutes ago
- Rehearses June 20-30, 2016 (must arrive June 19; rehearsals begin June 20 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs July 1 & 2 (7 p.m.); depart July 3. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. Actors must be available for all dates.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting the roles of Tevye, Golde, and Lazar Wolf in "Fiddler on the Roof" for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Adult actors will perform alongside their young counterparts in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra ...6 hours ago
- Rehearses June 20-30, 2016 (must arrive June 19; rehearsals begin June 20 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs July 1 & 2 (7 p.m.); depart July 3. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Nashville, TN and Oct 3 in New York, NY and Nov 14 in Houston, TX and Dec 4 in Toledo, OH and Dec 5 in Detroit, MI and Dec 6 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are ...6 hours ago
- Initial reading is Sunday, August 9 in New York. We will be having a series of readings in the Fall leading up to a workshop in Spring 2016.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
"oooh, it's paradise, the pain and the strife, the time of your life..." FORA is a musical journey to the otherworldly island of Forafu, where preachers and politicians coexist with oracles and syrens and the dwindling population is a sign of the times. "....shii, arusch, shatah, chyo kamusta, tumashii sosso..." ...6 hours ago
- Auditions will be held at REDEMPTION in Asbury Park, NJ (formerly BANK on Mattison) Weds. Aug 5th, 4pm - 8pm & Thurs. Aug 6th from 4pm - 6pm. Rehearsals begin around the third week of August in Asbury Park, NJ Performances will run two weekends from September 24rd – October 4th.
- Auditions: Aug 5, 6 in Asbury Park, NJ
John Morrison's "Divine Right" is a family tragedy of Shakespearean proportions. Jack Keating, a widowed father, has been rejected by his younger daughter Kieren, who has left Stanford to join a fringe religious cult run by Ray Allman. In order to save his daughter, Jack must "kidnap" Kieren and bring ...6 hours ago
- Rehearses throughout August and early September in Manhattan with a couple rehearsals in Garrison, NY. (easily accessible on the MTA Hudson line). Performances on the weekends of September 11th and possibly September 18th.
- Auditions: Aug 4, 5 in New York, NY
Casting call for a 15-minute comedy selected to be performed in the the Aery Theatre Company 20/20 One-Act Festival held at the Depot theatre in Garrison. A young New York couple, Hannah and Max, banter their way through high stress moments in their otherwise blissful existence.11 hours ago
- Rehearses primarily in Hoboken, NJ with some rehearsals in Manhattan.
- Auditions: Aug 7 in Hoboken, NJ
Seeking an ethnically diverse company of free lance actors/teaching artists for Tempest Productions 2015-2016 season. Actors will be contracted to perform roles in StoryBook Theatre Interactive Workshops and to perform/teach in the company’s educational programs. Applicants must possess a strong movement background and experience working with young people. Open Group ...15 hours ago
- The show will run five performances in mid-September in our theater space on the Upper West Side. Rehearsals are Tuesday-Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Actors are not called to every rehearsal.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in New York, NY
The Greenhouse Ensemble is holding auditions for a role in our upcoming World Premiere production. Rehearsals have already begun and we are looking for an enthusiastic person to jump right in. The Greenhouse Ensemble is a membership-based Theatre Company operating within a beautiful space on The Upper West Side of ...15 hours ago
- Season runs in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 1, 2, in North Hollywood, CA
Seeking dancers for Theatre Under The Stars' 2015-16 Season. Season includes "A Christmas Story" (Rehearsals begin Nov. 20; runs Dec. 8-20); "Mary Poppins" (Rehearsals begin Feb. 19; runs Mar. 8-20); and "Oliver" (Rehearsals begin Mar. 18; runs Apr. 5-17).20 hours ago
- September 7 through November 12 Weekdays from 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM (Some weekend daytime rehearsals TBD) Conejo Players Theatre 351 S. Moorpark Road Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
- Seeking submissions from: Thousand Oaks, CA
A true theatrical event, this legendary masterpiece is considered by many to be the greatest musical ever created. Surreal, sophisticated, compelling, heart-wrenching, and epic in scope, FOLLIES was penned by musical theatre legend Stephen Sondheim and author James Goldman, and uses musical theatre as a metaphor for the collapse of ...21 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 5; runs Oct. 29-Nov. 22 in Fort Worth, TX.
- Auditions: Aug 17 in Fort Worth, TX
Casting two males for "Freud's Last Session" by Mark St. Germain.21 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 1; runs Sept. 8-Oct. 18 with a possible one week extension at the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Seeking understudies for the play "These Paper Bullets!" by Rolin Jones with songs by Billie Joe Armstrong.23 hours ago