Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Seven month contracts throughout the U.S. Ports in Miami, Tampa, New York, New Orleans, Boston, Europe, etc. Cruises to Bahamas, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Alaska, Bermuda, Hawaii, and more.
- Auditions: Apr 10 in New York, NY
Casting "Team Nick," a musical production aboard Norwegian Cruise Lines.a moment ago
- Rehearses late Apr. to mid-May (low time commitment; five two-three hour rehearsals) at producer's apartment in Brooklyn and a rehearsal space; performs May 18 (8 p.m.) on 42nd St., NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Alvin Ballister v. Alvin Ballister," a ten-minute courtroom drama in a near-future parallel universe. Synopsis: The courtroom is a suicide tribunal; the petitioner makes a plea for suicide, the defense attorney argues against the plea, and the council of Elders determines whether or not the plea is reasonable. The ...35 minutes ago
- Seasons run in Rochester, NY; Cleveland, OH; Denver, CO.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Cleveland, OH; Denver, CO; Rochester, NY
Seeking Equity actors and actor/singers for various roles in the upcoming seasons for Geva Theatre, Cleveland Playhouse, and Denver Center.1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 28; runs June 24-29.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Three Sisters: Tulsa '21," a devised play. Synopsis: After the death of their father, a well-known figure in the affluent black district of Greenwood, in the county of Tulsa, Oklahoma, three sisters struggle to carry on. The play follows the family's joys and struggles which are suddenly disrupted by ...1 hours ago
- Season runs in Rochester, NY with one show in Ireland.
- Auditions: Apr 15 in New York, NY and Apr 26, 27 in Rochester, NY and Apr 26, 27 in Rochester, NY
Seeking actors and actor/singers for various roles and ensemble in Geva Theatre Center's 2015-16 Season. Season includes "Spamalot" (Melissa Rain Anderson, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 18; runs Sept. 12-Oct. 11); "Red" (Skip Greer, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 25; runs Oct. 24-Nov. 15); "A Christmas Carol" (Gregg Coffin, music. Rehearsals begin ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 1; previews begin May 29; runs June 4-21 at Urban Stages, NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 9 in New York, NY
Casting "TouChing." Synopsis: Anna's losing it, Henry's lost it, and Jude is just plain lost. Identity is a slippery slope in this family drama, when a matter of life and death unhinges its members and challenges their basic beliefs.2 hours ago
- Rehearses mid- to early April; performs May 1 at the School of Visual Arts and May 16 at a TBA gallery in Williamsburg.
- Auditions: Apr 2, 3 in New York, NY and Apr 2, 3 in New York, NY
Casting a 15-minute MFA thesis performing arts piece, "Unadulterated Fiction." Artist states: "The script is hijacked from my Facebook page. The conversation traces the varying opinions of Alabamians on the subject of George Wallace’s portrayal in the movie Selma. Many would describe Wallace as a vile segregationist, while others might ...2 hours ago
- Rehearses June 23-July 15; runs July 16-Aug. in Union, NJ.
- Auditions: Apr 17 in New York, NY
Casting the New Jersey premiere of "By the Water" by Sharyn Rothstein.2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 29; closes Nov. 15 in Chester, CT.
- Auditions: Mar 30 in New York, NY
Casting "Indian Joe." Synopsis: Joe is a Native American homeless man looking for a fight. Liz is a Texas pageant queen looking for a cause. The entangled journey of this very unlikely combo leads us into dark, knife-pulling underpasses, and the bright lights of the Miss Texas stage. Jordan, Liz’s ...3 hours ago
- Season runs June 30-Dec. 27 in Chester, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Chester, CT
Seeking submissions from local area Equity actor/singers who reside within 50 miles of the theater for these auditions for various roles in the upcoming Norma Terris season. Season includes: "My Paris" (Kathleen Marshall, dir.-choreo.; Alfred Uhry, book; Charles Aznavour, music-lyrics; Jason Robert Brown, English lyrics-music adaptation; musical dir. TBD. Rehearsals ...3 hours ago
- Runs early April through mid August in DC.
- Auditions: Mar 30 in Washington, DC
Seeking several bartenders, servers, and hosts to serve guests before and after performances of "Murder Ballad," a rock musical.3 hours ago