Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Ongoing run (one-three performances/wk.) at Theatre Row, Kirk Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 1 in New York, NY
Casting future replacements for the new production of "Naked Boys Singing!"2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 27; runs Dec. 5-21 (Fri. 8 p.m., Sat. 2 & 8 p.m. and Sun. 2 p.m. with one Monday 8 p.m. show on Dec. 15) in Winter Garden, FL.
- Auditions: Sep 30 in Winter Garden, FL
Casting "Christmas by Committee." Synopsis: The annual Citrus Village Christmas show is in a slump. With just the right amount of spunk and holiday know how, newcomer Amy may just have what it takes to get things back on track. But first she must convince the town’s quirky Christmas committee ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 11, 2015; runs Apr. 16-May 9 at the Nevada Theatre in Nevada City, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Nevada City, CA
Casting "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" based on the book by Jamie Ford.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin January 3, 2015; performances will be February 4-22, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Auditions: Oct 13 in Tempe, AZ
Casting "How I Learned to Drive," a wildly funny, surprising, devastating tale of survival as seen through the lens of a relationship between a young girl and an older man. It’s the story of a woman who learns the rules of the road and life from behind the wheel. They ...51 minutes ago
- Shoot is scheduled for September 30-October 15 in Albuquerque, NM
- Seeking submissions from: Albuquerque, NM
Casting “Stanistan,” a USA network comedy/drama pilot which follows the staff at the American Embassy in the Middle Eastern country as State Department workers, covert CIA officers and journalists strike a delicate balance of danger and absurdity.2 hours ago
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 14; runs Nov. 14-Dec. 14, including Sun. matinees each week, plus Wed. matinees & Sat. matinees in later weeks. No performance on Thanksgiving Day, but there will be performances Fri.–Sun. of that weekend in NY.
- Auditions: Sep 29 in New York, NY
Casting "Broadway Jones," a comedic play about a prodigal son returning to his small-town home to inherit the family chewing gum business.2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin November 3; performances will be December 5-21 in Peoria, AZ. There are some day time weekday performances planned for school groups, in addition to Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday and perhaps Saturday matinees. Compensation may be provided for these workday performances.
- Auditions: Sep 29 in Peoria, AZ
Casting "The Quiltmaker's Gift," with book by Alan Prewitt, Music by Craig Bohmler, Lyrics by Mark Kohn. Project Description: A greedy king who believes that possessions bring happiness covets an artist’s exquisite quilts that are given only to the needy. Through music, a bit of dance, laughter and drama, the ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin November 17; performances will be January 9-26, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Auditions: Sep 28 in Phoenix, AZ
Casting "Debbie Does Dallas (The Musical)," a modern morality tale told as a comic musical of tragic proportions in the language of the rodeo-porno-football circus. Based on the 1970s “blue movie” of the same name, the story follows Debbie, a small-town girl, on her coming-of-age quest to realize her dream… ...2 hours ago
- Rehearses Oct. 5, 18; one cabaret performs Oct. 23 & 24, the other performs Oct. 25 & 26 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking singers for The Cranky Cabaret, a wild, demented, fun-filled show packed with delightfully naughty, angry, edgy songs. Director states: "We are currently casting two cabarets."8 hours ago
- Rehearses for three weeks based on actors' availability beginning Oct. 2014; performs Oct. 25 at 9 p.m. and Oct. 26 at 2 p.m. in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 29 in New York, NY
Casting "Jesus and Mary," a 10 minute comedy for the Midtown Short Play Festival.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin November 10. Production runs December 3-21, in New Orleans, LA.
- Auditions: Sep 25 in New Orleans, LA
Casting for the production "A Christmas Carol." Project description: "A retelling of Charles Dickens' classic novel about a Victorian-era miser taken on a journey of self-redemption, courtesy of several mysterious Christmas apparitions."15 hours ago
- Performance opportunities are ongoing in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 27 in San Francisco, CA
Seeking performers for the San Francisco Dungeon, an all-new visitor attraction to the San Francisco area. Operations manager states: "The San Francisco Dungeon comes from from the renowned Dungeons attractions in Europe, such as The London Dungeon, The Amsterdam Dungeon, and Berlin Dungeon. It’s 60 minutes through 200 years of ...19 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs January 2015-December 2015 in Munster, IN.
- Auditions: Oct 6, 7 in Munster, IN
Casting the Theatre at the Center's 2015 season. Season includes: "On Golden Pond," "Big Fish," "All Shook Up," Monty Python's "Spamalot," and "A Christmas Story."Saturday
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Oct 8 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actor/singers for possible principal replacements in the currently running Broadway production of "A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder," with book & lyrics by Robert L. Freedman, and music & lyrics by Steven Lutvak.yesterday
- Rehearses in November in NYC, possibly late October as well; runs Dec. 11-14 at The Producers Club in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 5, 6 in New York, NY
Casting "An Infinite Ache." Synopsis: This is a fresh and heartfelt play about love, time and the infinite directions in which two lives can travel. Hope and Charles are a pair of lonely twenty-somethings about to end a supremely uninteresting first date. But just as they say good night, the ...23 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 22; runs Jan. 30-Mar. 1, 2015 in Denver, CO.
- Auditions: Oct 1 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Benediction," a play.yesterday
- Rehearsal begins Jan. 19, 2015 in Santa Rosa, CA; runs Feb. 20-Mar. 15 at 6th Street Playhouse in Santa Rosa and Mar. 26-Apr. 5 at the Lucky Penny Community Arts Center in Napa, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 12 in Santa Rosa, CA
Casting "Bonnie and Clyde," a musical. Synopsis: When Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow meet, their mutual cravings for excitement and fame immediately set them on a mission to chase their dreams. Their bold and reckless behavior turns the young lovers’ thrilling adventure into a downward spiral, putting themselves and their ...yesterday