Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shows APril 25-May 11 in Skokie, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 18 in Skokie, IL
Casting "Tuesdays With Morrie," a play. Project description: "Newspaper sports columnist Mitch Albom recounts the time spent with his 78-year-old sociology professor, Morrie Schwartz, at Brandeis University, who was dying from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Albom, a former student of Schwartz, had not corresponded with him since attending his college ...26 minutes ago
- Rehearsals will be August 4th-September 14th in Chicago, IL. Tech will be Sept 15th-20th. Previews on September 22-25. Performances will be Thursday-Sunday September 26th-November 2nd.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
The Agency Theater Collective is holding general auditions for its upcoming 2014 productions, including a world-premiere play written by the same team behind last year's acclaimed I Wish to Apologize to the People of Illinois.33 minutes ago
- Opening July 11 in Hammond, IN.
- Auditions: Mar 22 in Chicago, IL and Mar 23, 24 in Hammond, IN
Casting "From Up Here," a US premiere musical by Aaron Lee Lambert. Project description: "High above the bustle of the city, five strangers find solace on the Brooklyn Bridge, suspended between who they were and what they might become."45 minutes ago
- Auditions will begin in early April in the evenings and on weekends, in Chicago, IL. The show will be playing the first two weekends in May, with a tech rehearsal during the week between them.
- Auditions: Mar 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting the world premiere of "Hummingbird Heart," a one act play. Project description: "takes a deeper look at what motivates us and how far we are willing to go to get what we want. The entire show takes place in a prison interview between Kate, a woman who murders her ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 23; runs July 25-Aug. 10 in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Mar 29, 30, in Dallas, TX
Casting "The Boy from Oz." Note: The role of Peter Allen will be played by Alex Ross in this production.3 hours ago
- The event is being held April 5-6 in NYC. If cast in any projects, the performance dates and locations will vary depending on the theater or production company.
- Auditions: Apr 5, 6 in New York City, NY
Theater Resources Unlimited (TRU) is presenting the annual TRU Combined Audition Event, which will be attended by more than 40 NY-area Equity and non-Equity producing companies, directors, and producers, and other individuals, including casting directors and agents. The TRU Voices Reading Series will also be cast at this event.3 hours ago
- Training and performances are ongoing beginning spring 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for our improvisational training theater (think "Saturday Night Live" or "In Living Color"). Producer states: "We offer customized instruction and industry exposure. Preparation. Opportunity. Support. Successful applicants join the company's prestigious IN Studios Conservatory where they will receive six months of improvisation classes at a significantly reduced ...6 hours ago
- Performs in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New Rochelle, NY
Casting "Shanghai Hand" a play.8 hours ago
- Rehearses TBD; performs late Summer 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
The Night Shift Theater seeks original one-act scripts for upcoming production opportunities. The theater is "dedicated to nurturing emerging artists in NYC."9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin April 29; runs May 22-June 22 (with possible extension through June 29) in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Mar 17, 18 in New York City, NY
Casting "Incorruptible."9 hours ago
- Rehearses March 24-28, March 31-April 4, April 7-9, & April 11-15 at ART-New York and BAM Fisher Hillman Studio; runs April 16-19 at BAM Fisher Hillman Studio.
- Auditions: Mar 19 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting dancers for a staged reading of "A Female Philoctetes," based on Sophocles' "Philoctetes."10 hours ago
- Auditions will take place in Philadelphia over the next couple of weeks. Rehearsals begin before the end of March, shooting starts in May. Production will be shot in Philadelphia and surrounding areas.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA
Seeking actor for a feature film and series of vignettes to be shot across much of 2014. Actors of color are encouraged to apply. We are specifically looking for young actors, as the other cast members are current high schoolers. JORDAN is a senior in high school in the small ...10 hours ago
- Rehearses March 25 & April 5 (required); runs April 11-12 in midtown Manhattan, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: NY
Casting singers for "The Cranky Cabaret." Company states: "A wild, demented, fun filled show packed with delightfully naughty, angry, edgy songs seeks singers for its mid-April cast. All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with our "cranky" theme!"11 hours ago
- Production runs May 12-June 7, in Plano, TX.
- Auditions: Mar 24, 25, 26 in Plano, TX
Casting for the play "Wrens." Project description: "In a cabin in Scotland at the end of World War II, seven women face returning to “civvy” life once the war is over."12 hours ago
- Performs July 16-Aug. 3 (15 shows) at the historic (air-conditioned) Civil War Drill Hall Theater, 130 Grand Ave, Leonia, NJ.
- Auditions: Mar 29, 30, Apr 26, 27, May 10, 12, 13, 14 in Leonia, NJ
Casting "Les Miserables."20 hours ago
- Rehearses March; runs late May.
- Auditions: Mar 17, 18, 19 in New York, NY
Casting the English adaptation of "Meilleurs Voeux," a contemporary French play. Production states: "'Meilleurs Voeux,' by celebrated playwright Carole Greep is a two-character comedic play which has been in production in Paris for several months. We are now bringing it to New York City."21 hours ago
- Held June 16-29th at the Player's Theatre, 115 MacDougal Street in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking submissions from composers, lyricists, playwrights, writers, directors, accompanists, and more for the 5th Annual West Village Musical Theatre Festival. Producer states: "The 'world's tallest short-musical festival' will feature 30 original pieces over two weeks. Community events, industry collaboration, parties, hobnobbing and the renowned 'Westies' award ceremony are all a ...21 hours ago
- Rehearses April 7-May 22; runs May 23-June 8 at Camino Real Playhouse in San Juan Capistrano, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 30, 31 in San Juan Capistrano, CA
Casting "Side Show," based on the true story of Siamese twins Violet and Daisy Hilton who became stars during the depression. Producer states: "'Side Show' was nominated for four 1997 Tony Awards, including Best Musical!"22 hours ago
- Rehearsal dates TBD between Mar. 16 and Mar. 28. Runs Mar. 29 & 30 at Studio Theater in Midtown NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "The Wolf at the Threshing Floor" a ten-minute play.yesterday
- Tech March 24-25 (8:30-11 p.m.); performs March 18 (7-10 p.m.), March 19 (9-11 p.m.), March 20 (8-11 p.m.), March 21 (8-11 p.m.), March 22 (2:30-5:30 p.m.), and March 23 (2-5 p.m.) in NYC. Note: Character of Danny is needed March 13 (9-11 p.m.), March 15 (3-6 p.m.) and March 17 (9-10 p.m.). Character JT (27) is needed March 15 (3-6 p.m.), March 16 (12 noon-1:30 p.m.) and March 17 (9-10 p.m.). Character JT (42) is needed March 12 (4-7 p.m.), March 16 (12 noon-3 p.m.) and March 17 (7:30-10 p.m.).
- Auditions: Mar 11 in New York, NY
Casting replacements for "A Question of Time," a drama in which three friends forge a bond so strong they swear will never be broken, but fate has other plans as their love is tested by secrets, betrayal, and the finality of death.yesterday