Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses Jan. 6, 2015; runs Feb. 5-Mar. 1, 2015 with possible extension weeks through Mar. 15 in Berkeley, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Berkeley, CA
Casting the role of Curtis in "The Lyons," a play by Nicky Silver.11 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 15; runs Sept. 12–Oct. 11; performances include Sun. matinees/wk., plus three Wed. matinees and two Sat. matinees in the later weeks.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in New York, NY
Casting for 1992 Pulitzer prize-winning play, "Icebound."11 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 21-Sept. 22 at Champions Studios, 257 West 39 Street, 14th. Floor, NYC; runs September 22, playing for two performances, with extension planned if show is successful.
- Auditions: Aug 18, 19, 20 in New York, NY
Casting for a live, staged presentation of original musical version of Washington Irving's classic tale and Catskills' "Rip Van Winkle."11 hours ago
- Rehearses Jan. 5-Feb. 3; runs Feb. 3-Mar. 1, 2015 (possible extension to Mar. 8, 2015) in Portland, OR.
- Seeking submissions from: Portland, OR; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY
Casting a contemporary drama, "Tribes," which centers on Billy, the only deaf member of a competitively comedic and intellectual family. Unsupported by his parents and siblings, he reaches out to the deaf community and learns sign language, creating funny but fierce tensions at home. Billy finally confronts his childhood resentments, ...11 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 11; performance dates & locations are TBA.
- Seeking submissions from: Springfield, MA
Casting actors, singers, and dancers for a new musical, "Children in the Playground," set in modern times and dealing with current situations. Executive Director states: "The story starts with the aftermath of the September 11th tragedies and moves forward with the hope of obtaining world peace."12 hours ago
- Opportunities are ongoing. Must be available to perform Aug. 1, 3, & 4, with several other dates available in August, in the NYC/NJ area.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Seeking funny actresses to perform solo and two-person shows at schools and special events.15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin mid-to-late August with readings in Sept./Oct.; rehearses Spring 2015 to tour during the summer as part of the Fringe Festival.
- Auditions: Aug 10 in New York, NY
Casting performers to do exploratory work and readings for a new play in development. The play is centered in a blue-collar Midwestern sensibility. "It's a little too late to do the right thing now." -Tanya Tucker15 hours ago