Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals in September- show dates will be every Fri,Sat,Sun of October- closing on Halloween night. Must have full availability for ALL show dates.
- Auditions: Jul 15, 16 in North Hollywood, CA
Do you love costumes, make-up, monsters, and magic? Would you love to perform your heart out for a month long run of shows in Hollywood this Halloween? Ghoulmaster's Haunted Playhouse is an all-new independant haunted theater experience that combines dance, comedy, magic, video, puppets, elaborate sets, and special effects. This ...1 hours ago
- Rehearses July 10 (6-10 p.m.), July 11 (11 a.m.-3 p.m.), July 12 (12-4 p.m.), and July 17 (6-10 p.m.). It is helpful if actor is free weekdays (3-5 p.m.), but this is not mandatory for the role. Runs July 18 (9 p.m.), July 23 (9 p.m.), July 30 (7 p.m.), Aug. 5 (7 p.m.), and Aug. 7 (7 p.m.) at Manhattan Repertory Theatre, 303 W. 42nd St., NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Seeking immediate replacement actor and understudy for "The Match Game," a play. Artistic director states: "One of our actors is experiencing some health issues so we are seeking a replacement actor to play at least two full performances of The Match Game and be available for the other three performances. ...19 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 12 (tentatively rehearses every Sun. for three-four hours); runs Sept. 25-27 & Oct. 2-4 (six performances) in L.A. One performance will be for NAACP members.
- Auditions: Jul 6 in Hollywood, CA
Seeking African American men and women for the stage play "Juicy." Synopsis: The story centers around Mia, a sweet young female who carries the burden of always being judged by her outer appearance. However, her mother, friends, and others think she should take advantage of the physical gift with which ...yesterday
- Rehearses July and August for performances at Theater for the New City Community Space (dance floor, proscenium seating) in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 6, 8 in New York, NY
Casting "Float," a musical set for five performances as part of the Dream Up! Festival. Synopsis: "Float" is a surrealistic wildly wonderful tantric four-element musical about the outrageous journey of adventurous characters dedicated to creating harmony between humanity and the natural world.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 18, 4 p.m.; runs Dec. 10, 7 p.m., Dec. 11, 8 p.m., and Dec. 12, 8 p.m. in Allendale, NJ.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7, 9 in Allendale, NJ
Casting "The Second Shepherd's Play: The Operetta," a comic, operatic musical adaptation (in the form of an operetta) based on a medieval play made possible in part by the Bergen County Division of Cultural & Historic Affairs from funds granted by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts. Never ...yesterday
- Runs July 9, 7-10 p.m., at 36th St. Studio, Room D, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Brooklyn, NY; Queens, NY; Bronx, NY
Casting "Twelfth Night," a table reading of an adaptation of "Twelfth Night" for editing purposes. This is not auditions for the winter production, only a reading. Auditions for the winter production will be announced later.yesterday
- Runs Aug. 1-Nov. 15 in Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking an intern for The Frog & Peach Theater Company for its mainstage season of Shakespeare, as well as its children's program of musical fairy tales, Tinkerbell Theatre. The upcoming Fall Season is taking shape and best candidates will play a vital part in sharing responsibilities of what it takes ...yesterday
- Rehearses around July 20 in L.A.; runs in September in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Bastards in the Pulpit," a stage production created from the actual book itself which exposes the reality of "preachers" who have no legitimate relationship with God. In their deeds they show themselves unchanged, without chastisement and therefore illegitimate or as the Bible itself calls them; bastards and not sons. ...yesterday