Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin May 19th and run thru June 25th Monday- Thursday Evenings and Saturday Days. Not everyone is called for every rehearsal. Performances are June 26th - July 20th. Thursday - Saturday at 8pm and Sunday at 2pm. Possible extension thru the 27th of July. All rehearsals and performances take place at THE GEM THEATRE located at 12852 Main Street, Garden Grove, CA 92840. 714.741.9550 x. 225
- Seeking submissions from: Santa Ana, CA
One More Productions will be auditioning for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s rock opera EVITA on Monday, May 12th and Tuesday, May 13th at 7pm. Auditions will be held at THE GEM THEATRE located at 12852 Main Street, Garden Grove, CA 92840. Looking for strong singers, strong dancers, and strong actors of ...42 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 12; runs Sept. 5-28 (with possible extension to Oct. 5) in Little Rock, AR.
- Auditions: May 19, in New York, NY
Casting "Memphis."12 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin July 1. Previews begin Aug. 1; runs Aug. 3-24 (16 performances) at the 4th Street Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: May 2, 3 in New York, NY
Casting "The Law Of Return." Synopsis: "The Law of Return" tells the timely story of Jonathan Jay Pollard, a civilian, naval intelligence analyst, who sold government secrets to Israel during the 1980’s. This play focuses on Pollard’s relationships with his commanding officer, Steve Harris, and his Israeli contact, Rafi Eitan ...2 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Cincinnati, OH.
- Auditions: Apr 30, in Chicago, IL
Casting Cincinnati Playhouse In The Park 2014-15 season. Season includes: "Sherlock Holmes and the Adventure of the Suicide Club" (KJ Sanchez, dir.; Jeffrey Hatcher, writer; Robert Louis Stevenson & Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, authors Rehearsals begin Aug. 12, 2014; runs Sept. 6-Oct. 4, 2014), "Safehouse" Timothy Douglas, dir.; Keith Josef ...yesterday
- Rehearsals beginning June 29. Performances August 15 - 31, in Rohnert Park, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 18 in Rohnert Park, CA
Casting the musical "Oliver!" Production description: "Musical adaptation about an orphan who runs away from an orphanage and hooks up with a group of boys trained to be pickpockets by an elderly mentor."2 hours ago
- Responsibilities: tickets and programs at the door; loading in and out 30 fold-out chairs; sound cues, potentially minimum lighting cues. Dates (would need manager to arrive an hour before following curtain times): Rehearsal May 21st @ 7pm; TBD Tech Rehearsal; Fri. June 6 @ 8pm; Fri. June 13 @ 8pm; Tues. June 17 @ 7pm; Sat. June 21 @ 7pm; Tues. June 24 @ 7pm; Sat. June 28 @ 7pm. Location: Bliss Art House Cafe, 1249 Vine St., Los Angeles, CA, 90038
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Looking for someone to help run the house and do some minimal stage managing for "Harold & Stella: Love Letters" in the Hollywood Fringe Festival. In 1942 Stella Adler (queen of modern acting) and Harold Clurman (dean of American theater) were living on opposite coasts of the country as the ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 9 - July 31. *Performances at the Black Box Theatre at Hoover High School, Glendale: Fri. Aug. 1 at 7 pm, Sat. Aug. 2 at 7 pm, Sun., Aug. 3 at 2 pm Fri. Aug. 8 at 7 pm, Sat. Aug. 9 at 7 pm, Sun. Aug. 10 at 2 pm Fri. Aug. 15 at 7 pm, Sat. Aug. 16 at 7 pm, Sun. Aug. 17 at 2 pm *One performance at Travis Auditorium, Pasadena: Sat. Aug. 23 at 7 PM *10 performances will be split between two casts: under 18 cast and 18+ cast
- Auditions: May 8, 9 in Glendale, CA
This delightful musical (1999 revival version) is described as a day in the life of the comic strip characters. Note that this production will be double cast, splitting 10 performances: an 18+ cast and an under 18 cast.2 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning late June. Performances August 15 - September 14th, in Alameda, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Alameda, CA
Casting the play "Boeing Boeing." Production description: "Set in the 1960s, this farce is about swinging bachelor Bernard and the three gorgeous stewardesses who are engaged to him without knowing about each other during their frequent ‘layovers’."2 hours ago
- Each NYC-area AEA-franchised agency attends at least one AAA session (either musical or dramatic) per year. Approximately 30 AAA calls are scheduled annually.
- Auditions: May 5 in New York, NY
Actors Equity is holding Agent Access Auditions (AAAs).20 hours ago
- Performs May 5, 12, 19 & 26 in NYC (rehearsals are same day as performance).
- Auditions: Apr 28 in New York, NY
Casting Origin Theatre Company's annual reading series. Theater states: "Readings for Norwegian, Irish, and Finnish plays. Cross section of characters and ages to play multiple roles. Origin Theatre Company has been established for twelve years. We specialize in showcasing European contemporary plays. Origin is always excited to meet European actors."3 hours ago
- Season runs Aug. 2014-July 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 29 in Chicago, IL
TimeLine Theatre Company is casting its 2014-15 season. Shows include: "Danny Casolaro Died For You" (Dominic Orl, writer. Rehearsals begin Aug. 18; previews begin Sept. 23; runs Oct. 3-Dec. 21); "My Name Is Asher Lev" (Aaron Posner, writer; Kimberly Senior, dir. Rehearsals begin July 22; previews begin Aug. 23; runs ...21 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Sarasota, FL.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28 in Sarasota, FL
Casting Asolo Repertory Theatre's 2014-15 season. Season includes: "South Pacific" (Richard Rodgers, music; Oscar Hammerstein II, lyrics; Oscar Hammerstein and Joshua Logan, book; Rob Ruggiero, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct.14; previews begin Nov. 11; closes Dec. 28, 2014); "The Matchmaker" (Thornton Wilder, writer; Peter Amster, dir. Rehearsals begin Dec. 2, 2014; ...4 hours ago
- Currently running at the Snapple Theater Center (Off-Broadway) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking immediate replacements for the roles of El Gallo and Bellomy in "The Fantastiks."21 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin April 17; performs May 16, 20, 24, 28-29, & June 1 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Slam Team," a play about four teenagers starting a poetry club.6 hours ago
- Opportunities are ongoing. Rehearsals and performances begin April 19 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Seeking funny actresses to perform solo and two person shows at schools and special events.7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 18. Production runs June 26-July 19, in Plano, TX.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 29 in Plano, TX
Casting for the play "These Two Couples Went to Italy.." Project description: "When Janet and Carl from Indiana meet up with Marie and Tom from New York while vacationing in Italy, each couple is ruthlessly competing to be the “best” traveler...with hilariously disastrous results."8 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin April 20; performs June 7-29 (6 performances total) at Hollywood Fringe Festival in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Chitlin Blues: Dancing in the Grey," a physical theater piece that will use dance, sound, movement, and song.12 hours ago
- Performances will run June 20-July 27 and are on Mon., Fri. & Sat. nights, with two Sat. afternoon matinees during the run in Magna, UT.
- Auditions: Apr 29, 30 in Magna, UT
Casting the regional premiere of "The Addams Family Musical," the Broadway musical. Project Description: The show is based upon The Addams Family characters created by Charles Addams in his single-panel gag cartoons, which depict a ghoulish American family with an affinity for all things macabre. Numerous film and television adaptations ...17 hours ago
- Performances will be July 11-19 in Midvale, UT
- Auditions: Apr 26 in Midvale, UT
Casting "Into the Woods," the Broadway musical. Project Description: "The Stephen Sondheim musical intertwines the plots of several Brothers Grimm fairy tales and follows them to explore the consequences of the characters' wishes and quests. The main characters are taken from "Little Red Riding Hood", "Jack and the Beanstalk", "Rapunzel", ...17 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin April 22 and will be held Tues.-Sat.; Performances will run July 8-13 at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center in West Valley City, UT.
- Auditions: Apr 17, 18 in West Valley City, UT
Casting "Footloose," the Broadway musical. Project Description: Life in small-town Bomont is peaceful until City boy, Ren, arrives. Breaking every taboo, Ren brings dance back to the heart of a town held back by the memory of a tragedy. The show features some of the best 80s anthems including "Holding ...18 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 9 in DC; runs July 12, 19, 23, & 25-26.
- Seeking submissions from: Rockville, MD; DC, MD
Casting "Not Every Card," an original play for the DC Fringe Festival. A noir/comedy set during the occupation.19 hours ago