Subscribe now to and start applying to auditions!
OFFICIAL RULES: Message Board 2012 Contest
Message Board 2012 Contest
Please read these contest rules carefully. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules.
The "2012 Best Audition Story" Headshot Giveaway Contest ("Contest") is intended to create awareness of and to promote the Back Stage Message Board.
The entry phase of the Contest will begin on Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 12:00:01AM Eastern Time ("ET") and end on Friday, August 31, 2012 at 12 noon ET ("Contest Period").
The Contest is administered by BackStage, LLC ("Back Stage") located at 770 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10003. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
– 1st prize Los Angeles: Title of "Best Audition Story"; One (1) Headshot Package in Los Angeles courtesy of Ken Weingart Photography (all travel, accommodations and incidental expenses will be at winner's expense). This prize will be awarded to an entrant residing in California.
– 1st prize New York: Title of "Best Audition Story"; One (1) Headshot Package in New York courtesy of Peter Hurley Photography (all travel, accommodations and incidental expenses will be at winner's expense). This prize will be awarded to an entrant residing in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut.
– 1st prize Regional: Title of "Best Audition Story"; One (1) two-year subscription to Back Stage online. This prize will be awarded to an entrant residing in a state other than California, New York, New Jersey or Connecticut, or in the District of Columbia.
Runners-up: Three (3) full sets of Call Sheet Entertainment Industry Mailing Labels (PDF files containing the addresses of hundreds of casting directors, agents, and managers; pre-formatted for easy printing onto mailing labels) - a $120 value.
The Contest is open natural persons who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Back Stage, its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, website developers and administrators, retailers, advertising, sales promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Contest, and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) or households of any of the above are not eligible.
How to enter:
– Register for free on the Back Stage Message Board (http://bbs.backstage.com/groupee) and in THE WORKING ACTOR forum entitled "2012 Best Audition Story Headshot Giveaway Contest" create a post detailing your most humorous audition-related story. Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest. When you register, you must include your city and state as well as email address.
– Back Stage will announce the winners on Monday, October 1, 2012 at approximately noon ET.
– You do not have to be a customer of Back Stage to enter, so no purchase is required. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
Rules & Regulations:
– Prizes will not be transferable. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
– Entrants are welcome to post on Facebook and re-tweet the Contest and Contest info.
– Six (6) prizes are available at the end of the contest period. Winners will be selected by Back Stage staff. Winners will be announced on Back Stage as well as via Facebook and Twitter.
– Entrants may enter the Contest as many times as they want. An entrant can only win one (1) prize per duration of the Contest Period. The chances of winning are dependent on the number of Contest entries received.
– BACK STAGE WILL ATTEMPT TO CONTACT THE WINNING ENTRANTS FOR 24 HOURS VIA EMAIL. IF A PRIZE IS UNCLAIMED WITHIN 24 HOURS, IT WILL BE FORFEITED, AND TIME PERMITTING, THE APPLICABLE PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED TO ANOTHER ENTRANT SELECTED BY BACK STAGE IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION. EACH PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY BACK STAGE.
– Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules, the BackStage Terms and Policies, and by the decisions of Back Stage, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners will be required to sign a standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with the Contest rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded within two (2) working days of winning the contest. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner in the sole and absolute discretion of Back Stage.
Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of his or her entry in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. Upon Back Stage's request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within three (3) calendar days of receipt of Back Stage's request) signed releases from any or all of the following persons or entities, as applicable, authorizing Back Stage and its licensees to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. All releases must be in the form provided by Back Stage. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification at any time during the Contest and selection of an alternate winner.
By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Back Stage and its licensees to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval (unless prohibited by law), including, but not limited to, the publishing and display of such entrant's name and photograph online and in print, and the use of entrant's name, voice, image, and likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Back Stage and its licensees the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Back Stage and its licensees will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
Limitation of Liability:
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant's heirs, executors and administrators: (a) to release and hold harmless Back Stage, Social Strata (the provider of the Message Board service), Ken Weingart Photography, Peter Hurley Photography, and Facebook and their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives (collectively, "Released Parties") from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant's participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a Prize or any portion thereof; (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest or the Released Parties' use of the contestant's photo, and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by Prize suppliers that are sent along with Prizes; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Back Stage, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Contest at Back Stage's sole discretion.
Back Stage reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any promotion any person they believe has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest website or the operation thereof is unlawful and subject to legal action by Back Stage, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The failure of Back Stage to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Back Stage (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other "force majeure" event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned. Back Stage reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Back Stage reserves the right to select winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension, at Back Stage's sole and absolute discretion. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension of the Contest will be posted at Back State's website. Back Stage may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Contest, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Back Stage, or its affiliates; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Back Stage in its sole discretion).
Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and email address, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules or in the Backstage Terms and Policies. By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the receipt of marketing and advertising communications from Back Stage at the email address provided by the entrant. The data may also be used by Back Stage in order to verify the entrant’s identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Entrants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by Back Stage by writing to Back Stage, LLC, 770 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10003. Personal data will be used by Back Stage exclusively for the purposes stated herein and in accordance with the Backstage Terms and Policies.
NOTICE TO INDIVIDUALS: REMOVAL FROM MAILING LIST: Any individual (or other duly authorized person) may elect to exclude the name and email address of that individual from all lists used by Back Stage. To elect to have an individual's name excluded from all such lists, submit a removal request in writing to Back Stage, LLC, 770 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10003.
CONTEST RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY BACK STAGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE. THE CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS. THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN NEW YORK COUNTY, NY. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF TEN DOLLARS OR ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRANTS OR ANY PARTY OTHER THAN BACK STAGE BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES OR OTHER COSTS, OR TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
What did you think of this story?
Leave a Facebook Comment: