Audition Starting: 11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 11; preview begin Nov. 3; runs Nov. 5-20 at Briggs Opera House in White River Junction, VT.
- Auditions: Jul 25 in New York, NY
Casting "Choir Boy" by Tarell Alvin McCraney. Synopsis: The prestigious Charles R. Drew Prep School for Boys is dedicated to the creation of strong, ethical black men. Pharus wants nothing more than to take his rightful place as leader of the school's legendary gospel choir. "Choir Boy" is a music-filled ...
Audition Starting: 10 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan.19; runs Feb. 8-Apr. 30, 2017 in Lincolnshire, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 25 in Chicago, IL
Casting Equity actors-singers for "Mama Mia."
Audition Starting: Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 16; runs Sept. 15-17 (weekend) in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 27 in New York, NY
Casting "The Importance of Being Earnest." The AlphaNYC Theater Company is seeking adult actors 18+, no minors. Synopsis: Though they’re all about dodging commitment, two wily young bachelors attempt to come across as very earnest as they set out to win their ladies’ hearts. The mischievous Jack and Algy have ...
Audition Starting: Thursday
- Shoots between Aug. 1-8 (half-day shoot) in Harrison, NY. One potential rehearsal/meeting to be scheduled week before if schedules allow it.
- Auditions: Jul 28 in Long Island City, NY
Casting "Burnout," a short student film. Synopsis: "Burnout" is a short film that documents a typical morning of a hard-working, responsible young career-focused millennial who has just been offered a promotion. As Quinn mentally debates committing to the new, more intense job over her morning coffee a tiny but extremely ...
Audition Starting: Saturday
- Rehearses twice the week of Aug. 1-7; shoots Aug. 8 & 9 (with possible reshoot Aug. 11, if needed) in Boston, MA.
- Auditions: Jul 30 in Boston, MA
Casting "Tell Me Yours," a short black comedy film. Synopsis: "Tell Me Yours" is a mostly real-time argument between a young male-female couple over a sex dream that was had the night before. What starts as a sweet and funny morning interaction between them quickly turns embarrassing for the guy, ...
Audition Starting: Aug 01
- Rehearsals begin August 15 (generally Mon.-Thurs. 7-10 p.m., with some possible Sundays); runs Sept. 9-Oct. 2 (Fri. & Sat. eves., Sunday matinees) at the Costa Mesa Playhouse, 661 Hamilton St., Costa Mesa, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 1, 2 in Costa Mesa, CA
Casting "Red Scare on Sunset," a play by Charles Busch to be performed at the Costa Mesa Playhouse. Synopsis: In this campy, flamboyant spoof of the 1950s anticommunist Hollywood blacklist, with parallels to America’s current political climate, film star Mary Dale (traditionally performed by a man in drag) finds that ...
Audition Starting: Aug 02
- Rehearses Sept. 3; runs Sept. 22-Nov. 6 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 2 in New York, NY and Aug 6 in Northport, NY
Casting "1776," with book by Peter Stone and music & lyrics by Sherman Edwards.
Audition Starting: Aug 12
- Rehearsals start right after the audition process; shoots Sept. 30-Oct. 2 and Oct. 7-9 in L.A.
- Auditions: Aug 12, 13 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Insight," a dramatic short film about a young woman who can see through lies, and must help a troubled classmate after watching him confess to a crime he didn’t commit.
Audition Starting: Aug 12
- Shoots later this year, in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Aug 12 in Houston, TX
Casting the independent feature film, "Beyond The Vows."
Audition Starting: Aug 13
- Rehearses Sept. 17, 24 & Oct. 1; shoots Oct. 7-9, 14-16 near La Mirada, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 13 in La Mirada, CA
Casting for "All The Kids, They Dance," a drama/ action senior thesis short film for Biola University. Synopsis: After high school student Alex finds out his girlfriend Lizzie is pregnant, they are left with a choice to make, but when Lizzie finds herself in a hostage situation, will they reconsider ...