Dance Auditions NYC
Backstage's dance auditions in New York City include casting for a variety of projects from classical ballet to hip hop.
New casting calls for dancers are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display dance jobs in NYC. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
Posted: 19 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 29-Sept. 11; tech runs Sept. 26-Oct. 2; runs Oct. 2-Nov. 21, 2016 and Jan. 7-Apr. 15, 2017 in various cities on national tour (dates are subject to change slightly).
- Auditions: Aug 11, in New York, NY
Casting singers/dancers for a North American nonunion tour of "Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood."
Posted: 23 hours ago
- Schedule and location depend on booked production. Tours and shows perform at casinos and theaters worldwide in locations including Las Vegas and Reno, NV; Myrtle Beach, SC; Europe; Asia; and Canada.
- Auditions: Aug 10, 11, in New York, NY
Auditioning male and female singers and dancers for Dublin Worldwide Productions world-renowned shows, including multiple tours of "Broadway Christmas Wonderland," three national tours, The Orb Theater Japan, Las Vegas, Reno, Myrtle Beach, Europe, Asia, and Canada.
- Workshop 1 dates: Aug. 4 (4-6 p.m.) & Aug. 11 (6:30-9 p.m.); workshop 2 dates: Aug. 16 (8-10 p.m.) & Aug. 18 (6:30-9 p.m.); workshop 3 dates: Aug. 20 (10 a.m.-12 p.m.) & Aug. 25 (6:30-9 p.m.) in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in New York, NY
Seeking highly-versatile actors, dancers, and musicians for a series of developmental workshops for an immersive dance theater production of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland." Actors must be available for audition date and at least one two-part workshop (dates listed below).
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 22; performs Sept. 9 at Foxwoods Resort & Casino in Connecticut. Company states: "Almost Angels perform primarily for the casino and corporate markets across the country. The show is booked every weekend (Fri. & Sat.) through the end of the year with a few weekends off. Additional corporate & concert dates can be added to the performance schedule."
- Auditions: Aug 8 in New York, NY
Seeking attractive female Dancer/Singers for Almost Angels, a choreographed female vocal group in the style of Fifth Harmony and other contemporary female choreographed vocal groups. All ethnicities, 21 to 29, 5'4" or taller, must be strong in hip-hop and street jazz.
- Events are TBD in Tri-State Area.
- Auditions: Aug 11 in New York, NY
Seeking exceptionally good looking, striking, very outgoing, high energy, performers to act as interactive, motivational dancers at various high-end social and corporate events throughout the Tri-State Area. Company states: "Great pay, easy money, consistent work, lots of fun."
- One rehearsal late July/early August; runs Aug. 2, 6-10 p.m. at New York Live Arts Theater in Manhattan.
- Seeking submissions from: Chelsea, NY; New York, NY
Seeking a model for "The Body's Witness," a fine art video piece. Director states: "I am continuing a body of work that explores time and the fragility of the body and pulls from the imagery of video artist Bill Viola and the late German choreographer Pina Bausch. I will suspend ...
- Records ASAP in Orange, NJ (one train line direct from NY Penn Station).
- Seeking submissions from: Orange, NJ
Seeking female action performer for "Rogo's Rim." Creator states: "It is about to go through some changes as far as camera movement and lighting but on the next pass I want to incorporate original motion capture movements. Continuous recording of motion data will be a core procedure driving this project. ...
- Rehearsals begin early January 2017; first performance late February 2017 on Broadway.
- Auditions: Aug 2, in New York, NY and Aug 3, in New York, NY
Seeking singers who dance and dancers who sing for the ensemble in the upcoming Broadway production of "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Characters are all vocal ranges, types, and ethnicities, ages 20s to 50s.
Posted: Jul 20
- The hours of the position are finally determined by the needs of the performance. However, here is a tentative schedule: the choreographer will be in rehearsal once every two weeks from Oct. 2016-Feb. 2017; once a week in March and April; and then at most rehearsals as we get closer to the show which will premiere in late April or early May. Rehearsals will primarily take place in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking a choreographer for The Possibility Project.
Posted: Jul 20
- Rehearsals begin in September (Wed., 12-3 p.m.); performs three times/month (who performs is based on who is available; not every dancer performs in every performance); season runs Sept.-April 2017 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in New York, NY
Seeking male and female dancers for the Vanessa Long Dance Company's upcoming season. Artistic Director states: "The VLDC combines both dance and theater to create pieces about social and political issues we experience in everyday life. We are seeking passionate, reliable, and talented dancers who care about issues that effect ...
Posted: Jul 20
- Flexible schedule, as there is no conflict with other jobs (if you are unavailable, you may decline any particular job offered). Each performance averages only 20 minutes. The entire rehearsal will be under two hours. Seeking local talent only, available for performances in: Boston, MA; South and Central Florida; Philadelphia, PA; Baltimore, MD; Washington, D.C.; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Austin, TX; San Antonio, TX; Houston, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Toronto, Ontario, Canada; San Francisco & Bay Area, CA; L.A. & SoCal; Bear, DE; NYC; Buffalo, NY; Niagara, NY; Princeton, NJ; and Detroit, MI.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Philadelphia, PA; Baltimore, MD; Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; Orlando, FL; Austin, TX; Las Vegas, NV; San Antonio, TX; Houston, TX; Toronto, ON; New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; Tampa, FL; Bear, DE; Buffalo, NY; Detroit, MI; Princeton, NJ; Niagara, NY; Atlanta, GA
Seeking male dancers 18+ for an ongoing revue with performances at special events, such as weddings, bar mitzvahs, family milestones, banquets, holiday celebrations, and other private parties and public appearances. Must have musical theater and/or ballet experience (a la "A Chorus Line," "West Side Story," "Fiddler on the Roof," etc.). ...
Posted: Jul 19
- Gigs are ongoing throughout the year around New England and beyond. Accepted company members will respond "available/not available" ad hoc. There is NO quota to fill (i.e. "you must work X number of gigs per month/year"). Rehearsals may be required for certain large-scale productions, TBD.
- Auditions: Aug 13 in Pawtucket, RI
Seeking new performers for TEN31 Productions, a living art company performing all over New England and beyond. Coordinator states: "We frequently have performance jobs to fill in the NYC, Boston, Providence, and northern NJ areas. Even if you are not local to the Rhode Island area, hired members can reside ...