Dance Auditions NYC
Backstage's dance auditions in New York City include casting for a variety of projects from classical ballet to hip hop.
New casting calls for dancers are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display dance jobs in NYC. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
Posted: 6 hours ago
- Events are TBD in Tri-State Area.
- Auditions: Aug 11 in New York, NY
Seeking exceptionally good looking, striking, very outgoing, high energy, performers to act as interactive, motivational dancers at various high-end social and corporate events throughout the Tri-State Area. Company states: "Great pay, easy money, consistent work, lots of fun."
- Rehearsals begin February 2017; opens in Chicago April 2017.
- Auditions: Aug 18, in New York, NY
Casting the tour of "Aladdin: The New Stage Musical," based on the much loved animated film which tells the story of a street-smart commoner whose whole life changes with one rub of a magic lamp. This new Aladdin incorporates all of the beloved songs from the film's Oscar-winning score plus ...
- Ongoing rehearsals in NYC; event dates and locations vary.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking a female dancer for shows and competition to partner with a New York-based professional smooth dancer.
- Shoots July 30 & 31 (during daylight hours) in Brooklyn, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Casting "The Starving Artists Fund," a short film. Synopsis: The film is a spoof of the Christian Children's Fund-type commercials called The Starving Artists Fund. The parody has one narrator and a collection of "starving artists," including a mime, swing dancers, and a balloon animal artist.
- Event dates and locations TBD in the New York tri-state area (primarily weekend work).
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking exceptionally good looking, striking, very outgoing, high-energy male and female performers to act as interactive, motivational dancers at various high-end social and corporate events throughout the New York tri-state area.
- Rehearses Aug. 29-Sept. 11; tech runs Sept. 26-Oct. 2; runs Oct. 2-Nov. 21, 2016 and Jan. 7-Apr. 15, 2017 in various cities on national tour (dates are subject to change slightly).
- Auditions: Aug 11, in New York, NY
Casting singers/dancers for a North American nonunion tour of "Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood."
- Schedule and location depend on booked production. Tours and shows perform at casinos and theaters worldwide in locations including Las Vegas and Reno, NV; Myrtle Beach, SC; Europe; Asia; and Canada.
- Auditions: Aug 10, 11, in New York, NY
Auditioning male and female singers and dancers for Dublin Worldwide Productions world-renowned shows, including multiple tours of "Broadway Christmas Wonderland," three national tours, The Orb Theater Japan, Las Vegas, Reno, Myrtle Beach, Europe, Asia, and Canada.
- Workshop 1 dates: Aug. 4 (4-6 p.m.) & Aug. 11 (6:30-9 p.m.); workshop 2 dates: Aug. 16 (8-10 p.m.) & Aug. 18 (6:30-9 p.m.); workshop 3 dates: Aug. 20 (10 a.m.-12 p.m.) & Aug. 25 (6:30-9 p.m.) in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in New York, NY
Seeking highly-versatile actors, dancers, and musicians for a series of developmental workshops for an immersive dance theater production of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland." Actors must be available for audition date and at least one two-part workshop (dates listed below).
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 22; performs Sept. 9 at Foxwoods Resort & Casino in Connecticut. Company states: "Almost Angels perform primarily for the casino and corporate markets across the country. The show is booked every weekend (Fri. & Sat.) through the end of the year with a few weekends off. Additional corporate & concert dates can be added to the performance schedule."
- Auditions: Aug 8 in New York, NY
Seeking attractive female Dancer/Singers for Almost Angels, a choreographed female vocal group in the style of Fifth Harmony and other contemporary female choreographed vocal groups. All ethnicities, 21 to 29, 5'4" or taller, must be strong in hip-hop and street jazz.
- One rehearsal late July/early August; runs Aug. 2, 6-10 p.m. at New York Live Arts Theater in Manhattan.
- Seeking submissions from: Chelsea, NY; New York, NY
Seeking a model for "The Body's Witness," a fine art video piece. Director states: "I am continuing a body of work that explores time and the fragility of the body and pulls from the imagery of video artist Bill Viola and the late German choreographer Pina Bausch. I will suspend ...
- Records ASAP in Orange, NJ (one train line direct from NY Penn Station).
- Seeking submissions from: Orange, NJ
Seeking female action performer for "Rogo's Rim." Creator states: "It is about to go through some changes as far as camera movement and lighting but on the next pass I want to incorporate original motion capture movements. Continuous recording of motion data will be a core procedure driving this project. ...
Posted: Jul 21
- Rehearsals begin early January 2017; first performance late February 2017 on Broadway.
- Auditions: Aug 2, in New York, NY and Aug 3, in New York, NY
Seeking singers who dance and dancers who sing for the ensemble in the upcoming Broadway production of "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Characters are all vocal ranges, types, and ethnicities, ages 20s to 50s.