Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
Posted: 10 hours ago
- Rehearsal Information: July 16 – Aug 20 Sat. 2PM – 5PM / Sun. 5PM – 8PM / Tues 7PM – 10PM Tech Dates Aug. 22 - 25 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Performance Dates Aug. 26 - Sept 17 Rehearsals & Performances at The Gene Frankel Theatre 24 Bond St. Manhattan, New York 10012
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Euripides Medea "An Unflinching View of Pride, Betrayal & Love" Medea is a wife and a mother who has been betrayed. Her husband, Jason has left her for a younger Greek woman. Now Medea faces not only banishment but also being separated from her two sons, Mermeros & Pheres. Medea ...
Posted: 14 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 6; tech runs Sept. 30-Oct. 4; runs Oct. 5-Nov. 6 with a possible extension through Nov. 13 in Florham Park, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY; NJ
Casting "Richard III."
Posted: 16 hours ago
- Rehearses early September weekday evenings and possibly some weekends; runs Oct. 6-23, 2016 in Fishkill, NY.
- Auditions: Aug 23 in Fishkill, NY
Casting "Drinking Habits." Synopsis: Two nuns from the Sisters of Perpetual Sewing have been secretly making wine to keep the convent’s doors open, but Paul and Sally (reporters and former fiancés), are hot on their trail. They go undercover as a priest and a nun, but their presence, combined with ...
Posted: 18 hours ago
- Rehearses evenings (schedule based on talent availability); runs Oct. 13-16 at The Producer's Club, 358 W. 44th St., NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in New York, NY
Casting a Rossicle Productions rendition of "Proof," a play. Synopsis: On the eve of her 25th birthday, Catherine, a young woman who has spent years caring for her brilliant but unstable father, Robert, must deal not only with his death, but with the arrival of her estranged sister, Claire, and ...
Posted: 20 hours ago
- Rehearses and runs in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "Us And Them," in which a group of lifelong friends find themselves caught in the middle of a power struggle of good and evil.
Posted: 20 hours ago
- Rehearses Oct. 14-26, 2016; runs Oct. 26-Nov. 20, with possible extension through Nov. 27, in St. Petersburg, FL.
- Auditions: Aug 22 in St. Petersburg, FL
Seeking Equity actors for various roles in "Tartuffe."
Posted: 20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 6; public performances begin Sept. 30 (Mon., Wed., & Thurs., 7 p.m.; Fri., 8 p.m.; Sat., 3 & 8 p.m.,; and Sun., 3 p.m.); closes Oct. 30 with possible ext. through Nov. 6 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 9 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors for three roles in "Communion."
Posted: 21 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 30-Sept. 29 (Tues.-Fri.; starting Sept. 17, Sat. or Sun. rehearsal will be added until opening); tech week Sept. 24-29; runs Sept. 30-Oct. 30 (five weeks; Thurs.-Sat. evenings & Sun. matinee; two Wed. morning performances within the run) in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 13 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Birds," a play.
- Rehearses on Thursdays (10 a.m.-5 p.m.) in Flushing, with additional rehearsals to be added in the fall; workshop performance will be Nov. 20 at Flushing Town Hall, Flushing, Queens, NY.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in Queens, NY
Seeking additional performers (actors, movers, and puppeteers) for a research and development process (already in progress) for "The Door Was Open," a play. The play is a new work for young people inspired by the paintings of Remedios Varo and will culminate in a workshop performance in Flushing, Queens. Seeking ...
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 11; runs Nov. 16, 2016- Jan. 15, 2017 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 11 in New York, NY
Casting Equity understudies and possible replacements for "Othello."
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 12; runs Oct. 13-23 (Fri. at 7 p.m.; Sat. & Sun. at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 6 p.m.) at Chance Theater in Anaheim, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Orange, CA; Anaheim, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Brea, CA; Riverside, CA; Irvine, CA; Costa Mesa, CA; Corona, CA; Yorba Linda, CA; Tustin, CA; Whittier, CA; Covina, CA
Casting "Boy at the Edge of Everything," a play. Synopsis: Meet Simon. He’s a stressed out 12-year-old who just wishes that he could find a place to stop and think. Meet the Boy at the Edge of Everything. He is lonely and bored, which makes sense since he lives at ...
- Season runs in Winston Salem, NC.
- Auditions: Aug 13 in Winston-Salem, NC
Casting Equity actors for the North Carolina Black Repertory 2016-2017 Season. Season includes “The Sting Of White Roses” (World Premiere. Angelica Cheri, playwright; Jackie Alexander, dir. Rehearses Sept. 19 – Oct. 6; runs Oct. 7-16), “The Right Reverend Dupree In Exile” (Jackie Alexander, writer-dir. Rehearses Feb. 13-March 2, 2017; runs ...