Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
Posted: Jun 23
- Rehearsals start July 23. Performances run Sept. 10-Oct. 1, in Salinas, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Salinas, CA
Casting lead role in "Bandido!" a play. Project description: "Luis Valdez's "Bandido!" is about the controversial life and death of Tiburcio Vasquez."
Posted: Jun 22
- Rehearsal and production dates will be developed when the plays have been chosen. Company is based in California.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; San Francisco, CA
Seeking new play submissions for Imprint, a theater community designed to inspire social change by addressing current taboo issues. Artistic director states: "We strive to touch the hearts and minds of our viewers--igniting thought provoking conversations. Our board of directors is currently seeking new play submissions (to be produced in ...
Posted: Jun 20
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 25. Performances run Nov. 11-Dec. 4, in El Cerrito, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Contra Costa County, CA
Casting "You Can't Take It With You," a comedy. Project description: "Sweet-natured Alice Sycamore falls for banker's son Tony Kirby. But when she invites her snooty prospective in-laws to dinner to give their blessing to the marriage, Alice's peculiar extended family -- including philosophical grandfather Martin Vanderhof, hapless fledgling ballerina ...
Posted: Jun 14
- Rehearsals begin in Sept. in West Hartford, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: West Hartford, CT
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking Deaf or hard of hearing actor and actress, a hearing actor and actress (knows sign language), and a Deaf or hard of hearing stage manager for the National Theatre of the Deaf. The National Theatre of the Deaf is a touring theater company and will be offering a full ...
Posted: Jun 13
- Runs Oct. 29-Nov. 19 in Salinas, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Salinas, CA
Casting "Cloud 9," a play by Caryl Churchill. Project description: "The time-shifting comedy by the author of Top Girls created a sensation Off-Broadway directed by Tommy Tune. Here we are in 1880 darkest but British Africa as portrayed in old movies, plays, and novels – only with a difference. Both ...
Posted: Jun 11
- Opportunities are ongoing. Must be available to rehearse immediately, since the company has gigs upcoming these next couple of weekends (after June 13), in Boston, MA.
- Seeking submissions from: Quincy, MA; Boston, MA
Seeking funny actors to perform solo and two-person shows at schools and special events.
Posted: Jun 06
- Production opens in September in Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek (San Francisco Bay Area). Rehearsals to begin six weeks prior to opening.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA; Pleasant Hill, CA
Casting "Joey and Maria's Comedy Italian Wedding," an improvisational dinner comedy show.
Posted: May 15
- Needed flexi time in mid-late September
- Seeking submissions from: Rego Park, NY; New York, NY
Casting "In Camera" (also known as "No Exit"), a classical play with classical music.
Posted: Apr 12
- Rehearses September; runs Sept. 29-Oct.9 in Washington, DC.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC
Casting "The Loser Letters," a stage play to debut at the Hartke Theatre and then tour nationally.
Posted: Mar 11
- Rehearses Apr.-May; seven performances in June (Fri.-Sun.) in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: North Hollywood, CA
Casting "Absolute Zero (How Lovers and Sad People Hold Up the World)," an original play written by Ryan Lisman and being produced as part of the Hollywood Fringe Festival 2016. Synopsis: In an unusually cold summer, recently-divorced 32-year-old Jim falls in love with 17-year-old Charles upon first sight. Obsessed with ...
Posted: Mar 02
- Runs in GA.
- Seeking submissions from: Stone Mountain, GA
Casting "The Lost Son Returns," a play loosely based on Luke 15 in the Bible in which a son leaves his home because his family and friends are unable to tolerate or understand his sexual orientation.
Posted: Feb 16
- Seeking submissions from: DeKalb County, GA
Casting "The Lost Son Returns," a play loosely based on Luke 15 in the bible. Synopsis: A son leaves his home because his family and friends are unable to tolerate or understand his sexual orientation.