Short Film AuditionsFind:
Backstage's short film auditions span the entire country, and include a variety of interesting non-feature movie projects to apply for.
New short film auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Posted: 1 hours ago
- Short rehearsals, over a weekend.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA
Casting "13", a short film about the choices we make that we cannot come back from.
Posted: 3 hours ago
- Production currently filming in NYC. Required talent needed for two days. September 2nd and September 3rd.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting background extras for upcoming fantasy/drama short film about an eccentric but talented artist's obsession with his latest work leading to a downward mental spiral, and his perception of reality being skewed when he imagines his latest creation to be real.
Posted: 7 hours ago
- Pasadena - shooting in September and October
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Boy taken aboard a space ship
Posted: 12 hours ago
- Rehearses Sept. 17; shoots Sept. 21 in Glendale, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Glendale, CA
Casting Act 2, scene 4 of Shakespeare's "Measure for Measure" as a project to test a new camera.
Posted: 13 hours ago
- NEED EXTRAS TO PLAY TEACHERS/HIGH SCHOOLERS IN RAMSEY NEW JERSEY. WEDNESDAY Aug 31st @ 10 A.M. please let me know if you can make it! Unfortunately this is a non paying gig but will be viewed by the world someday! Also have featured extra roles (no dialogue in this short) but will be front and center.
- Seeking submissions from: Little Ferry , NJ; New York, NY
Casting "Panic Switch," a short film about if you are forced to face heart-wrenching, suffocating circumstances; can you just flip a switch and accept the grim reality with hope? Or will you lose sight of the light at the end and cave in to your unbearable thoughts? This tear-jerking yet ...
Posted: 15 hours ago
- Shoots in spring in Miami, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Miami, FL; North Miami, FL; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Weston, FL; Palm Beach, FL; Homestead, FL
Casting "Vow," a student film. Synopsis: A mysterious, opportunistic man, Hayden David Raine, meets a local wealthy socialite, Rebecca Gore, and the two enter a relationship based on dependency and deception. Rebecca marries Hayden despite her aunt Amelia's wishes and he manipulates her in order to gain access to her ...
- Shooting one night scene on Saturday 10/29/2016 just outside of Philadelphia PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA; New York, NY
Shooting one scene from a feature length script to seek funding.
- Late September and October in Lehigh Valley, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Allentown, PA; Philadelphia, PA
Seeking a nonunion director for a short horror film to be made this fall in Pennsylvania. Looking for somebody who has worked in the genre, especially with tongue-in-cheek horror (think Sam Raimi, Peter Jackson, etc.).
- Shoot will take place in Groton, CT on Sept. 10th and/or 11th. Starting around 10am to 8pm. Earlier end time is a possibility. Meals will be provided.
- Seeking submissions from: Westerly, RI; Groton, CT; New London, CT; Stonington, CT; Norwich, CT; Waterford, CT; Charlestown, RI; New Haven, CT; Ledyard, CT; Old Lyme, CT; Providence, RI; Newport, RI; North Stonington, CT; Griswold, CT; Jewett City, CT
A sequel to comedy-horror short "Krabz", entitled "Krabz, In Space". Will be made in the style of 1970's horror trailers. A crustacean menace returns after many years, previously terrorizing a small beach community. This time.....in space. Link to the first Krabz is below.
- Rehearsals will be in September. Filming will be on weekends (SAT/SUN) in October.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting the 1st episode for "Take Two," a miniseries about a driven female director making a comeback in Hollywood.
- We are hoping to raise the money to build a subway set in Jessie's studio in Queens.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
It starts with a woman late twenties walking to the subway with the song "Hard Way Home" by Brandi Carlile playing. She gets on the subway where a guitarist and drummer are playing music. She ends up alone on the train and they start to play "I don't Wanna Pray" ...
- Filming is really lenient, can film most weekends (Thursday-Sunday) and it should only take 1-2 hours max.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Over the summer I filmed my first feature film, it's a mockumentary with a lot of working parts. Everything is filmed except the historian character who introduces and closes the film. Looking for an actor who can really pull off that classic PBS historian.