The following projects are now visible on the horizon, whether in development or actively casting. Keep these leads on your radar and your eyes open for the opportunity to land an audition.
Based on true events, this eco action-thriller tells the story of a group of women scaling the Shard skyscraper in London to protest against Shell’s plans to drill in the Arctic. Cara Delevingne is now onboard to star, with legendary art director Hayley Easton Street making her feature directing debut. Casting director Colin Jones is attached, and shooting is planned for later this year.
The small screen adaptation of Beth O'Leary’s quirky romance novel and radio series is set to enter production in Bristol later this year. Following two people thrown together in a flatshare and finding love in an unlikely place, it’s the first UK commission from US streaming service Paramount Plus, and is likely to be shown on BBC platforms in the UK. Sarah Crowe is attached to cast.
Tim Firth’s love letter to fangirls of the 90s is scheduled to start shooting in April, with Coky Giedroyc (How to Build a Girl) directing. Following a bunch of schoolgirls obsessed with a boy band, the feature is loosely based on musical The Band and features the songs of Take That. Casting director Jina Jay is attached.
A 23rd instalment of the cosy and much-loved ITV murder mystery series is set to shoot for four months from late March. Star John Nettles returns as DI Tom Barnaby and veteran casting director Louise Cross is likely to be attached.
- Greenlit: New Drama from ‘Line of Duty’ Makers + More UK Projects
- UK Greenlit: Tom Hiddleston Returns in ‘Loki’ + Clooney’s ‘Boys in the Boat’
- New Chiwetel Ejiofor and Emilia Clarke Feature + More UK Greenlit
- Season 3 of ‘The Great’ + More UK Projects Greenlit and Casting
- Latest on ‘The Crown’ + Jude Law Plays Henry VIII in ‘Firebrand’
- Sam Mendes’ New Movie Starring Olivia Colman + More UK Greenlit
Check out Backstage’s UK audition listings!